reed rd trips? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > reed rd trips?

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 01-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
transmaro93
2000 XJ Cherokee 

reed rd trips?

you guys still doin reed rd on the weekends once and i while. I missed the last couple times due to priorities, but i check all the time to see if you guys are going out and there seems to be no activity... you guys pack it in for winter?

transmaro93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #2
pumpkinXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Theres been a lot of activity out there latley, more in coilliers mills, but its been drawing a lot of attention and the not so good kind. also almost every hole out there has gotten really deep. Im on 36s and get stuck at least twice, the last couple times ive gone out. and someones been digging out the main trails to.
Originally Posted by -Deepskyy- View Post
If it ever happens to me, I'll just put the clutch down to the floor, and start revving the YJ up to about 3500 and then yell out "I'M SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF AWESOME COMING FROM MY JEEP!"
pumpkinXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinXJ View Post
someones been digging out the main trails to.
Same reason the State Park Police have been hitting the west side of Wharton so hard. Morons have been tearing up the main trails and hunters have been getting stuck. It's not good by any means to piss of hunters in a WMA, (over 50% owned by fishing/huntibng licences) Also good to keep the locals happy.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #4
pumpkinXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboy

Same reason the State Park Police have been hitting the west side of Wharton so hard. Morons have been tearing up the main trails and hunters have been getting stuck. It's not good by any means to piss of hunters in a WMA, (over 50% owned by fishing/huntibng licences) Also good to keep the locals happy.
Yea it really pisses me off thats one thing ive always hated. i have a few friends withs stockish jeeps that like to go out sometimes and its now hit and miss if they can even get down the main trails without getting stuck. Kinda wanna set up cameras to see who might be doing it lol
If it ever happens to me, I'll just put the clutch down to the floor, and start revving the YJ up to about 3500 and then yell out "I'M SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF AWESOME COMING FROM MY JEEP!"
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

it blows. I was out in my exploder one night cruising like I always do,. I was gioing into a go around trail for a water hole. the go around always had water in it but a hrd bottom and even after the hurricane it was only about 6" deep. about 2 months ago I was heading into the go around and the front drivers tire fekll in, lifting my back passenger tire about 2 feet off the ground. Took me 2 hours to come along myself out. Man was I pissed. Growing up I always had trucks on 38s 40s and 44s. never did i feel the need to power brake the damn thing in a non existent hole like that. I really hope that whoever did it loses their oxygen supply.
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
pumpkinXJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
it blows. I was out in my exploder one night cruising like I always do,. I was gioing into a go around trail for a water hole. the go around always had water in it but a hrd bottom and even after the hurricane it was only about 6" deep. about 2 months ago I was heading into the go around and the front drivers tire fekll in, lifting my back passenger tire about 2 feet off the ground. Took me 2 hours to come along myself out. Man was I pissed. Growing up I always had trucks on 38s 40s and 44s. never did i feel the need to power brake the damn thing in a non existent hole like that. I really hope that whoever did it loses their oxygen supply.
Damn, if your ever stuck out in reed give me a pm or if you want my number pm me. I live 5 mins from reed. yea i dont get what goes threw peoples mind sometimes. Like clearly its a bypass leave it be so others can pass.
Unread 01-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
jamesdart
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

that sucks. i went to reed rd new years day and it seemed fine to me. i dont play in the holes though.
jamesdart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #8
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Stop putting spots like that on open forums such as this one!
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2012, 04:41 AM   #9
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyJeepZJ View Post
Stop putting spots like that on open forums such as this one!
the area is legal. just stay on marked trails. trails that are no go have signs on them.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2012, 04:15 AM   #10
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

I thjnk what Ryan is refrencing is that as spots like these are posted on the net, more and more people start coming, This causes the trails to get torn up more and is overwhelming to the fish and game officials. I won't lie. I came up there due to the pictures that were posted on the net. But also I go up there to stay out of the mud. I have plenty of mud by me. I could be wrong about Ryans intentions.
Unread 01-31-2012, 03:59 PM   #11
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboy View Post
I thjnk what Ryan is refrencing is that as spots like these are posted on the net, more and more people start coming, This causes the trails to get torn up more and is overwhelming to the fish and game officials. I won't lie. I came up there due to the pictures that were posted on the net. But also I go up there to stay out of the mud. I have plenty of mud by me. I could be wrong about Ryans intentions.
Psh, you have no mud by you. I heard you were a little girly when it came to wheeling.
Unread 02-02-2012, 06:04 AM   #12
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

I'll admit. I don't have much mud by me only some. It's mostly sandy water holes like the one you have a pic of your jeep in. Plus yes, I do wheel like a girl, if she's a drunk lesbian whore looking to hit every hole in site!
Unread 02-03-2012, 02:09 AM   #13
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Plus yes, I do wheel like a girl, if she's a drunk lesbian whore looking to hit every hole in site!
Bahah. Drunk who're it is..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.