RC crawlers/bashers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > RC crawlers/bashers

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

RC crawlers/bashers

anybody on this board into RC's? I have a losi MRC crawler and getting ready to order a E-revo.

mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
jamesdart
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

i was ages ago. you know, the clodbuster, blackfoot, superbeetle, and lunchbox days. everything seemed to be going more the stadium and race direction, i bought an rc-10st and lost intrest. to me it just wasnt fun, oh and i didnt really want to get into gas. then i bought a t-max when they were pretty new, put a bunch of money into it, and the newer models coming out were way better than what i built. i lost interest again. oh i did buy a lunchbox just for old times, i built it and used it once, my dogs didnt think to highly of it.
jamesdart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
nottusyeroc
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've alway thought RCs where really cool but i just never had the extra cash to put in to one.
nottusyeroc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2011, 06:44 AM   #4
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

The crawlers are pretty neat,esp for you James. You have an RC background already. Top speed on mine is only about 6 mph, but they articulate and crawl like the real thing. Mine is more scale than "buggy" , but that may change soon. To both of you, I got mine for $200 used and built with all good upgrades, they can be found cheap quite often, plus fixing is cheap. My son blew the trans up in mine and for the two gears that blew apart its less than $6 if I upgrade them to aluminum it's only $22.
Unread 10-20-2011, 02:49 PM   #5
jamesdart
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

they definitely lose value fast, some of the stuff anyway. i found with my tmaxx anything that broke i upgraded to billet aluminum, or cast aluminum if price was rediculous. its just a chain reaction, the next weakest link will break. i kind of think you are better off staying with the plasitc junk. i havent seen these crawlers in person, but i know in the last few years they have come out with some real cool stuff.
jamesdart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2011, 12:17 AM   #6
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Check out http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/ and see how huge it has gotten.
Unread 10-27-2011, 04:53 PM   #7
Spokes
Mall Crawler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

not i...

Red 00 XJ lifted
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
Blue 00 XJ Hella stock
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #8
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

I need to get back into RC's.

Now that the jeep is where I want it,
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2011, 07:25 AM   #9
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

I have 3 Vannings.
CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.