Ranger station aug 4th 11 am - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Ranger station aug 4th 11 am

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 08-08-2013, 06:03 AM   #46
push-my-button
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabl0
For some reason these won't embed so:

Leaving the ranger's station: Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KIrl6ozjbk

Khaki LJ getting stuck: Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D49R62aYFsc

Ibanez being recovered: Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5DOnWS4rBA

Ibanez trying to recover : Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VtyVBZ91Yk

Everyone big puddle: Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JN7UDLhU7A

Everyone again: Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnlRWYjpy0s

Anthony teetering: Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTMPVCHSelk

Edit: I guess just linking the links makes them embed now.
Amazing videos !!!!!!!!!!!!

push-my-button is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #47
Breehill
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by push-my-button View Post
Amazing videos !!!!!!!!!!!!
Couldnt agree more!

To everyone who came out, thanks for coming. Couldnt ask for a better group and Anthony thank you for being the leader!!
Breehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #48
push-my-button
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breehill

Couldnt agree more!

To everyone who came out, thanks for coming. Couldnt ask for a better group and Anthony thank you for being the leader!!
Anytime
push-my-button is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #49
push-my-button
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breehill

Couldnt agree more!

To everyone who came out, thanks for coming. Couldnt ask for a better group and Anthony thank you for being the leader!!
Also thank all you guys and gals for coming out
push-my-button is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #50
evilwhynot
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Monroeville, New Jersey
Posts: 35
Haha, those are some pretty good videos.
evilwhynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #51
push-my-button
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 156
Reminder to everyone pay your tickets you have to mail them in
push-my-button is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #52
Badfish740
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: High Bridge, NJ
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by push-my-button View Post
Reminder to everyone pay your tickets you have to mail them in
Sounds like they ought to start upping the fines/impounding vehicles. I've been hunting, fishing, camping, and four wheeling all over New Jersey for the better part of the last 20 years and never once gotten a ticket. Driving through a flooded out road when there's no other alternative is one thing-deliberately plowing through a hole (like the Ford pickup in the "Big Puddle" video) and essentially just making it deeper and tougher to get through is another. I'm guessing it's that kind of four wheeling that earned you the attention of the Park Police/Rangers. Keep it up (oh and don't forget to post plenty of video evidence too ) and pretty soon the environmental groups will have every last road in the pines gated off... Some of us go in the woods to do more than just drive around. If we can't access places because we can't drive there its going to suck for all of us.
Badfish740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #53
Ibanez0154
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Willow grove, Pa
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740

Sounds like they ought to start upping the fines/impounding vehicles. I've been hunting, fishing, camping, and four wheeling all over New Jersey for the better part of the last 20 years and never once gotten a ticket. Driving through a flooded out road when there's no other alternative is one thing-deliberately plowing through a hole (like the Ford pickup in the "Big Puddle" video) and essentially just making it deeper and tougher to get through is another. I'm guessing it's that kind of four wheeling that earned you the attention of the Park Police/Rangers. Keep it up (oh and don't forget to post plenty of video evidence too ) and pretty soon the environmental groups will have every last road in the pines gated off... Some of us go in the woods to do more than just drive around. If we can't access places because we can't drive there its going to suck for all of us.
actually it was a poorly signed area to stay out of due to it " falling apart" which the real reason looks like too many parties happen there in that area. This wasn't a tear it up crowd, mostly adults enjoying a day of great fun wheeling. I can't speak for the pickup part of the rant but you are correct, making holes deeper sucks for all of us ( I personally am guessing its the same whole where three of us got stuck but at the same time there was a go around).
Ibanez0154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #54
Badfish740
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: High Bridge, NJ
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez0154 View Post
actually it was a poorly signed area to stay out of due to it " falling apart" which the real reason looks like too many parties happen there in that area.
Sounds like you found your way to 1/4 mile. That's a nice area to explore-except now you have to walk because if you're caught there with a 4x4 you're going to get a ticket no matter what you're doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez0154 View Post
This wasn't a tear it up crowd, mostly adults enjoying a day of great fun wheeling. I can't speak for the pickup part of the rant but you are correct, making holes deeper sucks for all of us ( I personally am guessing its the same whole where three of us got stuck but at the same time there was a go around).
This is the video I was referring to-if this isn't "tearing it up," I'm not sure what is:


Assuming this is 1/4 mile and where you got the tickets:


The problem with these kinds of areas is that left unchecked, they just get bigger and bigger. If you look at the historical satellite photos you can see how much larger this area got over the years since the Forest Fire Service cut a road in during a large forest fire in the early 2000s. I'm the last person who would advocate closing roads in the Pine Barrens or any other wilderness area, but as always, the idiots ruin it for the rest of us. Hell I'd love to see ATVs allowed in state forests/on WMA land, but if people in 4x4s can't even control themselves, how are we going to get that off the ground?
Badfish740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #55
push-my-button
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740

Sounds like they ought to start upping the fines/impounding vehicles. I've been hunting, fishing, camping, and four wheeling all over New Jersey for the better part of the last 20 years and never once gotten a ticket. Driving through a flooded out road when there's no other alternative is one thing-deliberately plowing through a hole (like the Ford pickup in the "Big Puddle" video) and essentially just making it deeper and tougher to get through is another. I'm guessing it's that kind of four wheeling that earned you the attention of the Park Police/Rangers. Keep it up (oh and don't forget to post plenty of video evidence too ) and pretty soon the environmental groups will have every last road in the pines gated off... Some of us go in the woods to do more than just drive around. If we can't access places because we can't drive there its going to suck for all of us.
It was not quarter mile it was a restricted area I will not say where it is I don't want anyone else to go there and for the big truck I can't speak for him but I can speak for my self I care about the trails as much as anyone please feel free to come out and join us wheeling before you pass judgment against a group of people because of ones actions
push-my-button is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #56
Badfish740
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: High Bridge, NJ
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by push-my-button View Post
It was not quarter mile it was a restricted area I will not say where it is I don't want anyone else to go there and for the big truck I can't speak for him but I can speak for my self I care about the trails as much as anyone please feel free to come out and join us wheeling before you pass judgment against a group of people because of ones actions
It doesn't matter what I think, it matters what other people who watch those videos think. As in people who want to close off the pines to all but non-motorized use. As for the 1/4 mile issue-wonderful, glad to know there's yet another restricted area back there-wonder how that happened... I'm just ticked off just don't want to see anymore areas closed.
Badfish740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #57
DragoonLJ
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: woodbury, New Jersey
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post

It doesn't matter what I think, it matters what other people who watch those videos think. As in people who want to close off the pines to all but non-motorized use. As for the 1/4 mile issue-wonderful, glad to know there's yet another restricted area back there-wonder how that happened... I'm just ticked off just don't want to see anymore areas closed.
#1 the only mud hole that got "plowed" through has a go around, so who cares.
#2 idk how you off road, but I guess you just splash through puddles on the main roads, your not an off roader obviously.
#3 the "off limits" area we we at was a small area that was deemed to dangerous to drive around in, that's why we got tickets, because we were not supposed to be there, no other reason.
#4 shut up and stop trolling on the internet, you don't know any of us
DragoonLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #58
DragoonLJ
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: woodbury, New Jersey
Posts: 133
And for the last time bad fish it wasn't quarter mile, so shut up about something you did not witness therefore you know nothing about.
DragoonLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #59
dennis461
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Atco, nj
Posts: 304
You shoud edit those video's
Those shorts have got to go.
dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #60
Badfish740
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: High Bridge, NJ
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonLJ View Post
#1 the only mud hole that got "plowed" through has a go around, so who cares.
#2 idk how you off road, but I guess you just splash through puddles on the main roads, your not an off roader obviously.
#3 the "off limits" area we we at was a small area that was deemed to dangerous to drive around in, that's why we got tickets, because we were not supposed to be there, no other reason.
#4 shut up and stop trolling on the internet, you don't know any of us
Ok-here it is-full apology for my last couple of posts. I was kind of in a bad mood while posting I guess and the comment about the ticket set me off-I figured it was for doing stupid stuff like cutting new trails, etc... I'm more of a loaner when it comes to off roading. I'm in it more to find new places to hunt and fish, get my kids out in the woods, and to find what's left of old towns/farms, etc...especially in the pines, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like getting my truck dirty once in a while. I just don't want to see us as a community (this goes for hunters and fisherman just as much as off roaders) lose access so I get touchy about that kind of stuff.

I understand why the tickets were given now. As for the bogging through the puddles that still burns me a little because I'm mostly out there by myself. Most of the time (especially in the pines) if I see a hole on a road and there's no go around I turn around and avoid it altogether because I can't risk having to call for a two 3 or 4 miles off of a paved road or worse (hydrolocking, etc...)-I was just down in Bass River not too long ago and came across these:



I didn't dare take them because I was by myself. I always carry a strap with me but I didn't have time to wait around all day for somebody to come get my ***... Oh well-guess I better figure out a way to stuff 38s
Badfish740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.