places in the pines? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > places in the pines?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
treetrain

places in the pines?

me and my boyfriend have been off-roading in the pine barrens, near chatsworth mostly.
We have a few regular trails we ride on, we've been trying to find more trails and weird/abandoned/interesting places like apple pie hill. We haven't had any luck with new (legal) trails and all the weird places are in North Jersey.

Anyone know of places around south jersey?

PS- He just has a stock jeep cherokee, not lifted or anything, so nothing insane please! thank you!

treetrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
pants1558
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i have a book called "Ghost Towns and other quirky places in the new jersey pine barrens" it has a lot of cool things in it. oh yeah it also has driving directions to all of the places. and the guy who wrote it has a stock Rav-4 so the cherokee will definitely make it back there. Other than that all i can really say is venture into wharton more quaker bridge is really good and there is also an entrance right across the street from Atco Raceway. hope that was helpful.
pants1558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
agenbroad99
2008 JK Wrangler 

This is cool. I am going to check it out. I just moved to the MDL area and looking to discover the area.
2008 JKUS Banks Monster, 4.88 G2 Gears, PureJeep Rocker Guards, AEV Savegre w/315/70/17 Duratracs, Body Armor Rear w/Tire carrier, Teraflex 3" with Bilsteins, Rough Country Bumper with Engo 10K install, Evo sleeves and gussets, oh yeah and Flat Fenders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whKFbphWpvY&feature=player_embedded
agenbroad99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
Demolition_x
1994 XJ Cherokee 

That book is excellent BTW.
Demolition_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
dennis461
1991 XJ Cherokee 

That's all we need...
some more out-of towners getting stuck looking for the Atco Ghost

LOL
dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
lilnapsak
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis461 View Post
That's all we need...
some more out-of towners getting stuck looking for the Atco Ghost

LOL
this

its really not a good idea for anyone to answer where all the "cool" spots are. nor is it a good idea to ask on a public forum.. id ask to get a group together to show you around a little more.

if you want to find the sweet spots. go adventuring for them. secret spots arent secret if everyone knows about them
Unread 02-02-2012, 06:08 AM   #7
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Yes tehre are a lot of historic spots within in the pines. Alot being not much to see do to magazines such as weird new jersey which bring in alot of people that vandalize these areas. I wish Weird New jersey would just go out of publication honestly. Every spot that have mentioned that is haunted within the southern parts of Jersey is not. They spread nothing but lies and the most outrageous rumors they can find. This brings in morons looking for ghosts and then they get bored and spray paint "666" on a wall thats been able to stand since the 1800s without being ****ed with. I'm not saying that you and your boyfreind are these morons but it isn't worth the chance in my view to see if you are.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
dennis461
1991 XJ Cherokee 

What ??????

You don't believe in ghosts?

I live in Atco, and

I hear
creaking noises in my house when I walk

I will be hearing creaking noises this weekend in the Jeep too...
dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.