Penndel Trailride/Meet this Sunday (July 22) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Penndel Trailride/Meet this Sunday (July 22)

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
BadMojo11
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Penndel Trailride/Meet this Sunday (July 22)

Hey everyone,

There are a couple Jeeps meeting up to ride the Penndel (PA) trails this Sunday. Last week we had 4 Jeeps meet up and we all had a blast riding the trails. We spent about 3 hours riding around and the trails are a lot of fun. There are some pretty technical spots, some mud, a river crossing, some other fording, but almost every harder spot has an easier "bypass". Two of the jeeps were stock and did just fine by taking the bypasses on the rougher stuff.

Anyways, this week it looks like we have even more Jeeps showing up, and I wanted to put the word out to invite anyone else who is interested. We will probably meet up around noon or 1 o'clock. If you put these coordinates in google maps or your GPS you can get an idea of where it is and how far it is from you:

40.149037,-74.947434

I live in Lawrenceville, NJ (near Princeton and Trenton) and it takes me about 15 minutes to get there. If you are interested just let me know. The more the merrier.

There are also some gnarly hill climbs on the other side of the stream. All are avoidable for people not interested in them.

BadMojo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

That sounds real fun. Unfortunatley I wont be available this weekend. Maybe next time!
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 06:52 AM   #3
zimflux
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hate to say the same thing. But I would love to go another time so let's keep the post going.

I use to live in Lawrence off Van Kirk Road. Now up north in warren.

Are the trials right by the coordinates? It looks like you can view them from the sat photos. How long of a trip can you do there?

Thanks.
zimflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
BadMojo11
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'll def post another invite the next time we go. It looks like we will be going as much as possible this summer.

Yeah you can see most of the trails from the Satellite view. The entrance is near the Northern boundary just to the left of the first property (it's Carlson's Alignment shop). Though you can see how there are a lot of trails, there are a lot that are hidden by the trees as well. I'm gonna try to take a screenshot of the area and 'paint' in the boundaries for you guys.

To answer the second question, we spent 3-4 hours there and could have easily spent another 4. We only rode on probably a quarter or less of the trails as well.
Unread 07-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #5
BadMojo11
1992 YJ Wrangler 

The red area in the map is the area where we know there to be trails. Last Sunday we explored as far East as the circular field at the Eastern edge of the red area. The trails may have continued on down the river, so the yellow area is a possible continuation of trails, though not likely.
penndel-map.jpg  
Unread 07-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
jamesdart
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

that looks like a cool place but not really something you want to advertise in great detail.
jamesdart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
BadMojo11
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'm not worried about jeep forum guys.
Unread 07-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
nottusyeroc
2006 TJ Wrangler 

^^^^ anyone can see this website. Lol
nottusyeroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #9
StockJK2013
2013 JK Wrangler 

Jk Thanks for posting this map

I live about 10 minutes from this area and just replaced a 2000 Grand Cherokee with a 2013 Wrangler 4 door Sahara. It's brand new and stock; I went down to the alignment shop on OLH and drove in up to the first turnabout where, since I was alone, winchless, stock and lacking my old Hi-Lift jack, retreated. Does anyone know who owns this land or how to obtain permission to 4-wheel out there? I noticed a "No Trespassing" sign at the exit. Just getting up to the turnabout was pretty fun. I used to off-road in an old 1962 Series IIa Land Rover up in Vermont; This Wrangler brings back great memories.
StockJK2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #10
Badfish740

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMojo11 View Post
The red area in the map is the area where we know there to be trails. Last Sunday we explored as far East as the circular field at the Eastern edge of the red area. The trails may have continued on down the river, so the yellow area is a possible continuation of trails, though not likely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StockJK2013 View Post
Does anyone know who owns this land or how to obtain permission to 4-wheel out there? I noticed a "No Trespassing" sign at the exit.
If you don't know the who the owner is and don't have permission you're trespassing and four wheeling illegally, just FYI. Obviously there's plenty of folks that know about the spot who ride the trails there judging by the satellite images, but AFAIK this site as well as many others doesn't try to promote illegal four wheeling. I'm not trying to be a dick, just putting it out there. I had a '77 FJ-40 when I turned 16 that I tried to drive down every unpaved road I could find, permission be damned. I was lucky because I never ended up getting caught, but plenty of folks have. Between Wharton, Bass River, Brendan Byrne, and Stokes State Forests, and WMA land there's plenty of legal four wheeling to be found in NJ. Rancocas State Park is not too far from there and from what I've heard there are legal trails there as well.

Last edited by Badfish740; 08-05-2013 at 11:14 AM..
Badfish740 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.