Northern NJ Wheelers - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Northern NJ Wheelers

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-10-2010, 09:21 AM   #16
larjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

ok cool. always looking to go. ended up in vernon last week on breakneck road up some logging trail not to bad quick run. thats where i pulled out the xj. so whats up with the mudsligners how do you join and are you a wheeling club or a lets have a meeting club and just bull**** like njjc

larjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #17
THE3ISKING
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by larjeep View Post
ok cool. always looking to go. ended up in vernon last week on breakneck road up some logging trail not to bad quick run. thats where i pulled out the xj. so whats up with the mudsligners how do you join and are you a wheeling club or a lets have a meeting club and just bull**** like njjc
hahahaha, we wheel all the time. a lot after meetings on Wednesdays. just show up to a meeting Wed. nights around 6pm< at the Sussex Queen diner on rt 23n. we meet tonight, and possibly wheel, come check us out. and look into our Jeep Event we are having May 8th. and yeah i was one of the guys who went out this weekend, my jeep is COVERED in mud. lol
hood.jpg  
Unread 03-13-2010, 09:06 AM   #18
cj8mike
1984 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by larjeep View Post
Humm NJJC just a bs-ing club...2009 17 full day trail rides including full weekend events at our 5 property's with over 2500 acres combined. Plus the first club in 20 year's to get permission to hold an off road event in a closed state park and get invited back this year. We removed an entire truck full of garbage too. Get invited to other clubs pvt property. Not to mention the members who traveled to cali to wheel, guide for Catskill and Vermont jamboree, and ok4wd events, competed in the KOH (4th place) + rc rocks and club comps. Let me see 150 members and almost 1/3 tow there rigs because they are not street legal rigs built for off road only. Ran the Wheelers For wounded event, toys for tots humm where else can i think we did year....oh yea we have meetings usually with 60+ people attending each month ...find me an other club on the east coast that has done that.
Unread 03-13-2010, 09:12 AM   #19
cj8mike
1984 CJ8 

oh and we don't trespass! We tread lightly.
Unread 03-22-2010, 12:56 AM   #20
1995Cherokee
1995 ZJ 

There is a big meet on April 10-11 in Rausch Creek, PA, here is the link from Cherokeeforum.com
Rausch Creek meet and greet wheeling! April 10-11 - Jeep Cherokee Forum
1995Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #21
dauster500
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCfrom973 View Post
Just got my first jeep, 96 XJ 3inch lift w/ 32 inch procomps. I live in ringwood and know a few gem spots to get serious with my jeep but looking for new places. anyone know good spots withing an hour of Ringwood or Northern New Jersey? PM me if you want to go wheeelin
I would pm you if your inbox wasnt full. I live about 40 mins from ringwood.
dauster500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #22
TCfrom973
1996 XJ Cherokee 

sorry dauster, just cleared it. i can only have 5 at a time for some reason. but yeah im always down for a trail day.
TCfrom973 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #23
pile_alcalineNJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

hey man i live right by hawthorne know a few people in the area, and some spots. and ill give it to NJJC if you can afford to make the trips they do some great wheeling that is totally worth it. but my part-time job doesnt pay the expenses needed for it.
Unread 12-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #24
1995Cherokee
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pile_alcalineNJ View Post
hey man i live right by hawthorne know a few people in the area, and some spots. and ill give it to NJJC if you can afford to make the trips they do some great wheeling that is totally worth it. but my part-time job doesnt pay the expenses needed for it.
I live in Hawthorne, nice to see your close. I have a 1995 ZJ with 30x9 on it now and some Cheap *** roof rack lights lol, Im saving up for a 3.5" kit probably in a month or so.
1995Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 11:15 PM   #25
KillerHammy

I live near where you guys are. I'm new to off roading and would like to go find legal places to wheel. Pm me if anybody is going anywhere or places to wheel.

Last edited by KillerHammy; 12-08-2010 at 12:21 AM..
KillerHammy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2010, 11:51 PM   #26
pile_alcalineNJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995Cherokee View Post
I live in Hawthorne, nice to see your close. I have a 1995 ZJ with 30x9 on it now and some Cheap *** roof rack lights lol, Im saving up for a 3.5" kit probably in a month or so.
oh damn word im right in north haledon, im usually to be caught drinken a late night cup of coffee over at the DD

and to killerhammy becarefull what you post/say
Unread 12-07-2010, 06:57 AM   #27
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerHammy View Post
I live near where you guys are. I'm new to off roading and would like to go road if you guys wanna. There's this place by Mahwah, NJ i know if your interested.

I warn, it is a private area, but no one ever checks. PM if interested.

here is a quick video of the place YouTube - Jeep Fording (Sunroof View)
Just quoting this so it's here even if he edits it out. You're wrong that spot absolutely gets checked. I have spoken to Mahwah cops that read this site and others so they can go up there and ticket morons that still think it's cool to wheel there.

Back in the day they used to just check us to see if we had beer or guns, then tell us to have fun and not get stuck. Youtube and forums ruined that spot.
1 ton yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2010, 12:19 AM   #28
KillerHammy

Oh damn. Sorry guys :/ I only went there twice. Ill edit and not give any info out. I thought it was safe to wheel there. Thanks for the heads up. Its just hard to find places to wheel near my area. But that's still not an excuse. I feel like an idiot now :/
KillerHammy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2010, 12:17 PM   #29
pile_alcalineNJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

eh dont worry everyones done something with their rig atleast once they probably shouldnt, just no one talks about it on open forums like this where it could get you in trouble
Unread 12-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #30
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

It's impossible to find places around here. I've accepted the fact that I need to travel out of state to wheel, it's just a fact of life. Even the clubs in the area with private land, have to travel out of state to use that land. Don't sweat getting called out it's no big deal. We were all young and did dumb stuff at one point, it's better you learn from us than the cops because I can tell you that especially where you took that video, they will not go easy on you.

Some things are best left kept to yourself and one or two close others. We used to wheel that spot a long time ago and like I said, all it takes is a few newcomers who think they've reached the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and feel the need to tell the whole www, and the good time is over for everyone.
1 ton yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.