North Jersey Trails! Help!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > North Jersey Trails! Help!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-26-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
turbocreep
2000 WJ 

North Jersey Trails! Help!!

Does anyone know of any North Jersey trails? Near West Milford area, preferably not super illegal, hate dealing with police in the woods.

turbocreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2011, 04:39 PM   #2
turbocreep
2000 WJ 

Also, any weeknight warriors out there? Im stock for now as I just got a new truck but am still down to get it dirty, and best time for me is weeknights, I'm in Union, NJ.
Unread 10-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
turbocreep
2000 WJ 

Have only two friends who wheel and they both are never around, so looking for people to go with.
Unread 10-27-2011, 05:24 AM   #4
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

I come up north ocassionally but only on the wekends. I do some weekenight trails but they are always in the pine barrens
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 07:34 AM   #5
turbocreep
2000 WJ 

I'm not opposed to coming down south on a weeknight. Depends on how far south though, I'm always down to wheel the elbow and George's property, right off exit 74 on the parkway. Haven't been back there in a while. Also Sarcos is pretty good, just have to be careful right now cause that guy who drowned in the lake abt 2 months ago, the cops have been strict recently.
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:05 AM   #6
Spokes
2000 XJ Cherokee 

i know a couple spots, one right by livingstone mall, and a couple other ones. shoot me a PM and maybe we can meet up. once its stops raingin i can finish lift on my jeep. but i still on stock tires for now lol

Red 00 XJ 4.5" and 33 km2's with other goodies
Build -->http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...hread-1280981/
"Lima bean" 91 XJ 4.0, 5spd, 235 Duratracs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
because anyone can drive a wrangler
Spokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #7
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

George will call the cops if you're on his property and he doesn't know you. The gate is locked and the only way to get the combo is to call him, and he'll only give it to you if he has your name and number saved in his phone. I haven't been there since I sold my quad two years ago, but I'm sure the situation hasn't changed.
1 ton yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 09:21 AM   #8
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 ton yj View Post
George will call the cops if you're on his property and he doesn't know you. The gate is locked and the only way to get the combo is to call him, and he'll only give it to you if he has your name and number saved in his phone. I haven't been there since I sold my quad two years ago, but I'm sure the situation hasn't changed.
This is correct. things have changed there from what they used to be. I still keep in regular with him.
Unread 10-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #9
awwmann
2012 JK Wrangler 

i ride my quad there all the time last few weekends the cops been stopping us making us leave giving tickets and just giving us bull**** 3 of the guys i ride with are nyc cops the jersey cops in there dont care.tell them they should no better. how did u guys get in touch with george i hear about him all the time would love to park on ride on his property?
awwmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #10
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

If he doesn't have your phone # in his phone he doesn't want you on his property. He can only have actual freinds out there or otherwise he faces massive fines.
Unread 10-27-2011, 01:22 PM   #11
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Riding at George's is one of those things if you have to ask, the answer is no. I haven't talked to George since the last time I was down there about 2 years ago. The only times I went I was with one of my friends who has known him for like 15 years. We used to race in AGP and we would go down there between races to practice. He still talks to George from time to time just to keep in touch, but he's been out of racing for two seasons so he hasn't been down there in a while either.

Honestly I'm surprised the NJ cops let your NY cop friends go with just a verbal warning. I've been down the pkwy on busy summer weekends and seen the state police flying copters real low over his property. I feel bad for the guy. These eco groups he has after him are ruthless.
1 ton yj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.