No snow, just big puddles in Wharton - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > No snow, just big puddles in Wharton

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #16
tattooed856
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I was out on Saturday went in off maple and left on the power lines to a right on the trail that would be off atsion and headed twords atsion/206, got turned around a few times and went thru a few. It was real nasty around goshin campsite area. It sucks being by yourself with no winch and crap tires. Its been a while since I was out that way.

tattooed856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #17
Demolition_x
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis461 View Post
Yup, that's just what the constable said.
As for Burnt Mill, I hit that first on account I can walk home from there!
Who's going out next weekend?

Sandy Causeway is scary deep and that road from Hampton to High Crossing is also a real challange for stock vehicles (going less than 40 mph LOL).
Where at on sandy? I was out there on Saturday night and it didn't seem bad. No one in our group had any issues. Pm me the location if you prefer just trying to be knowledgeable of it for next time.
Demolition_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #18
OLJ93
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Lj

Quote:
Yup, that's just what the constable said.
As for Burnt Mill, I hit that first on account I can walk home from there!
Who's going out next weekend?

Sandy Causeway is scary deep and that road from Hampton to High Crossing is also a real challange for stock vehicles (going less than 40 mph LOL).
I really want to check out sandy Causeway. i havent tired that road since i got my jeep and last year during the drout i rode in my friends tj and that road was nothing i cant image it would be bad with water but seeing all the other trails the way they are i can see that trail being a real challenge with how tight that trail also gets. I would go out but with how deep everything is getting its really pushing me to go get a snorkel and save my engine.
OLJ93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #19
Green01XJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLJ93 View Post
I really want to check out sandy Causeway. i havent tired that road since i got my jeep and last year during the drout i rode in my friends tj and that road was nothing i cant image it would be bad with water but seeing all the other trails the way they are i can see that trail being a real challenge with how tight that trail also gets. I would go out but with how deep everything is getting its really pushing me to go get a snorkel and save my engine.
I remember there being some big ones like halfway down the trail, i was theare last year and there waas some depth in that area

"2nd place is just the first loser" - Dale Earnhardt
Green01XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 04:41 AM   #20
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

There still are some big water holes on sandy causewaybut i did the whole thing in 2 wheel drive without spinning a tire in my stock xj with street tires just saturday night. It's all in tire placement. 2 years ago I was running a minivan down that road.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 04:54 AM   #21
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilstoy View Post
established roads are on the burlington county map dave i thought you knew that and thats pretty much what the rangers go by , and the whole tread lightly thing , dont tear up mud/water holes and if your truck is legit you wont have an issue
Burlington County map? Which one of the mutilple ones available. Topography? Google? Bing? Mapquest, Garmin? Magellan?. If it's the Topography which most people do use I'd have to fight it. Them maps havent been updated since the 70s, most even go back to 50's there are roads on every map that I mentioned that never existed, there are also others that are used everyday by multiple groups of people that raen't on any maps. Also how about the other side of the mullica where it's Camden County and Atlantic County? For them to sayu "The Burlington County Map" is just straight up BS!!!!!!. If I'm going to get messed with for not being on a trail that is on one of them maps, then EVERYONE needs to get summons who use them such as Hunters, Geocachers, Birdwatcher, Geocachers, Motorcycle enthusiasts, State Park Police themselves, Historians, pot smkers, tennage kids getting a peice of a$$. If thats honestly the quote that they are using, i see it easily being fought and won in court by bringing another maop that shows the road along with pictures of the area you recieved the summons. For instance I was told that the powerline trail inbetween Jackson Road and Hayes Mill Creek is not a road, but as sson as you go onto google. TADA!!!!!! It's Waverly Ave. Then if you want to go back and do some time traveling on historic arials, the road was tehre since before the powerlines where put there back in the 50's. So no it ain't gonna fly. They can keep messing with peiople who are weak and don't fight for their rights and don't know what the hell they are doing, but they better have all of their ducks in row if they want to issue me anything.
Unread 02-07-2012, 04:55 AM   #22
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D2b4ker1 View Post
It was for failure to follow posted signs. According to the officer I drove past 7 or 8 of them. Which is very possible because all of the signs that the forest service post look exactly the same. Some say no motorized vehicles others don't.
If you don't mind stating the area you were in, please do so. i will guess near 1/4 mile or Jemima Mt. Also please post the $$$ amount you e3nd up paying for this.
Unread 02-07-2012, 05:41 PM   #23
dennis461
1991 XJ Cherokee 

wrong turn thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboy View Post
There still are some big water holes on sandy causewaybut i did the whole thing in 2 wheel drive without spinning a tire in my stock xj with street tires just saturday night. It's all in tire placement. 2 years ago I was running a minivan down that road.
mudboy, you need more throttle to spin the tires
it also helps to back up real fast then dump it back in drive

And the map discussion is taking this thread down the wrong road...

My Burlington County road map, published by Franklin more than 20 years ago shows a road leading up to 1/4 mile.
I'll bet I'd get a ticket on that road today.
Common sense keeps most folks out of trouble,
stopping to read the fine print on signs helps.

And when all else fails, do as I do.
Run up to the Park Police person and say...

"Boy am I glad to see you (Big smile, act a little scared)
Can you tell me how to get to Batsto?"
dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:49 PM   #24
Green01XJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
And when all else fails, do as I do.
Run up to the Park Police person and say...

"Boy am I glad to see you (Big smile, act a little scared)
Can you tell me how to get to Batsto?"
This made my day

Unread 02-08-2012, 04:56 AM   #25
D2b4ker1
1995 YJ Wrangler 

It was near Jamima Mt. I haven't called about how much its going to be. I should know by the end of the day and Ill post it up.
D2b4ker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 06:06 AM   #26
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

That area is a sore subject, gonna be tough to get out of that one. let us know, thanks.
Unread 02-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #27
D2b4ker1
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Violation of 7:2-2.13 (a) A person shall not make use of the lands, waters, conveniences and facilities under the jurisdiction of the State Park Service contrary to posted signs, issued permits, leases or contracts, and written or verbal instructions. Ticket is $74.
D2b4ker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #28
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

thanks for the info!! I'm book marking that!!!
Unread 02-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #29
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

looks liek everything is $74 just found this
https://njcourts.judiciary.state.nj....04/part2-d.pdf

better not have to go potty in the woods
7:2-2.19(b)
Unread 02-08-2012, 11:39 AM   #30
Green01XJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

So what are you allowed to do? I think i saw breathing on that list

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.