No snow, just big puddles in Wharton - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > No snow, just big puddles in Wharton

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Reply
Unread 02-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
dennis461
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Atco, nj
Posts: 303
No snow, just big puddles in Wharton

1/4 mile is feeling lonely, so it's moving out to the roads.
This road now has a two foot deep soft bottom puddle.
I studied it for a bit, then a Park Police Officer pulled up on the other side.

I walked over and asked him how deep it was, but he didn't know.
Had to take the long way around.


[IMG][/IMG]

dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #2
Green01XJ
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Berlin, NJ
Posts: 81
Everything has definitely been getting deeper. One puddle in atco that for forever has just been a roll through on the one side ate me up last week it sucked.
__________________
My Jeep- 1999 Screamin Red XJ Classic
2001 Green XJ Sport -- R.I.P

"2nd place is just the first loser" - Dale Earnhardt
Green01XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:23 AM   #3
D2b4ker1
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Riverton, NJ
Posts: 177
I was out there the other night driving around and some of the puddles I went through were a decent depth. Didn't get stuck but the Park Police did grace me with a nice ticket.
D2b4ker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
Technohead
Old School
 
Technohead's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Exeter, RI
Posts: 6,345
Ticket for what? Are those roads off limits to motor vehicles? Are there signs or gates?
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
mudboy
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hammonton NJ
Posts: 693
The trails are not off limits. It is a state park. It states wuithin state park laws that you must stay on established trails. Problem with NJ is there is no map showing what is established and what is not. Summons are issued based upon opinion of State Park Police. Unfortunately all of the ones I have ran acroos are not very knowledgeable and i have a feeling have barely been on the trails until their jobs came about.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
mudboy
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hammonton NJ
Posts: 693
Now I will say that where the picture was taken, that partcuiular puddle in the trail is not off limits but if you over by the tree line it IS off limits with posted signs(at least there were posted signs).
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #7
mudboy
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hammonton NJ
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green01XJ View Post
Everything has definitely been getting deeper. One puddle in atco that for forever has just been a roll through on the one side ate me up last week it sucked.
Aint that teh truth. It's a pain in teh *** when people get in tehre and shread it in two wheel. I'm guessing you are talking about one of the first holes on burnt mill, or one of the holes on Tremont or the one at the Powerlines that goes down to the end, or possibly the one further on burt mill out by arrowhead?
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #8
Green01XJ
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Berlin, NJ
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboy View Post
Aint that teh truth. It's a pain in teh *** when people get in tehre and shread it in two wheel. I'm guessing you are talking about one of the first holes on burnt mill, or one of the holes on Tremont or the one at the Powerlines that goes down to the end, or possibly the one further on burt mill out by arrowhead?
Dang man ur freaking psychic. It was the 2 puddles if you take the powerlines all the way down to where it turns right, then you come to the right turn that connects you to the trail at the end of tremont ave that leads to burnt mill. I was coming from burnt mill to the powerlines and went to hug left in the first puddle going that direction like i always have and she swallowed me whole. Completely dunked the front end over the hood then stuck up to the doors when the back dropped in. I cant believe i didnt suck up water. I took it as my one chance of good luck, so i installed a cowl snorkel last weekend to be safe.

Any stocker/small lift people out there keep an eye out things are changin

And i cant count how many people ive pulled out of the first few on burnt mill. I take the go-arounds on all on those and now even the go arounds are starting to get rutted out
__________________
My Jeep- 1999 Screamin Red XJ Classic
2001 Green XJ Sport -- R.I.P

"2nd place is just the first loser" - Dale Earnhardt
Green01XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #9
mudboy
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hammonton NJ
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green01XJ View Post
Dang man ur freaking psychic. It was the 2 puddles if you take the powerlines all the way down to where it turns right, then you come to the right turn that connects you to the trail at the end of tremont ave that leads to burnt mill. I was coming from burnt mill to the powerlines and went to hug left in the first puddle going that direction like i always have and she swallowed me whole. Completely dunked the front end over the hood then stuck up to the doors when the back dropped in. I cant believe i didnt suck up water. I took it as my one chance of good luck, so i installed a cowl snorkel last weekend to be safe.

Any stocker/small lift people out there keep an eye out things are changin

And i cant count how many people ive pulled out of the first few on burnt mill. I take the go-arounds on all on those and now even the go arounds are starting to get rutted out
Yeah it onl;y take a couple guys to go in in 2wheel till they are stuck then put it into 4 wheel. I grew up at the house on the corner of dirt and pavement on tremont and am still out there rather often. Every weekend them puddles change. I was taking a go around by the powerlines a few months ago that wouldn't even get yor rims wet usually, I ended up dropping the front end in and having to come along myself out for 2-3 hours. Them holes suck they aren't even fun just water and wet sand I don't understand why people would want to shread em like that.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #10
Technohead
Old School
 
Technohead's Avatar
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Exeter, RI
Posts: 6,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboy View Post
The trails are not off limits. It is a state park. It states wuithin state park laws that you must stay on established trails. Problem with NJ is there is no map showing what is established and what is not. . .
Same problem we have here in RI and CT. Regulations say to stay on established trails but nobody can tell you which trails are established and which are not. Sounds likes its worth making the officer show up in court and explain.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #11
mudboy
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hammonton NJ
Posts: 693
well thats assuming thats what the ticket is for. The state park police are ticket heavy at times and will pick the smallest things apart at times thatw oiuld usually be let go by most township/state police.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #12
mudboy
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hammonton NJ
Posts: 693
starting on page 19 is motorized vehicle laws for NJ state parks
http://www.nj.gov/dep/rules/rules/njac7_2.pdf
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #13
D2b4ker1
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Riverton, NJ
Posts: 177
It was for failure to follow posted signs. According to the officer I drove past 7 or 8 of them. Which is very possible because all of the signs that the forest service post look exactly the same. Some say no motorized vehicles others don't.
D2b4ker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #14
Devilstoy
Registered User
1997 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: South jersey
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboy View Post
The trails are not off limits. It is a state park. It states wuithin state park laws that you must stay on established trails. Problem with NJ is there is no map showing what is established and what is not. Summons are issued based upon opinion of State Park Police. Unfortunately all of the ones I have ran acroos are not very knowledgeable and i have a feeling have barely been on the trails until their jobs came about.
established roads are on the burlington county map dave i thought you knew that and thats pretty much what the rangers go by , and the whole tread lightly thing , dont tear up mud/water holes and if your truck is legit you wont have an issue
Devilstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #15
dennis461
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Atco, nj
Posts: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboy View Post
Now I will say that where the picture was taken, that partcuiular puddle in the trail is not off limits but if you over by the tree line it IS off limits with posted signs(at least there were posted signs).
Yup, that's just what the constable said.
As for Burnt Mill, I hit that first on account I can walk home from there!
Who's going out next weekend?

Sandy Causeway is scary deep and that road from Hampton to High Crossing is also a real challange for stock vehicles (going less than 40 mph LOL).
dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.