NJ Trails....Suggestions - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > NJ Trails....Suggestions

Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 12-10-2010, 05:05 AM   #31
JerseyGator
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymodz View Post
that area isnt legal, you should take those pics off the forum
Will do, but how do you know it isn't legal? Looks like it's used a lot.

Isn't there any place to go wheeling in Jersey?

Unread 12-10-2010, 05:24 AM   #32
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGator View Post
Isn't there any place to go wheeling in Jersey?

Technically......no. State Parks and WMAs take up a mjority of the forest. Read my post about south jersey a few posts back and it will give you the regs of everything possible within Jersey. To go into any pit within a state park or wma is considered off of the established trail. The rest of the pits are priovate property which you need written permission from the owner which will be very difficult due to it makes him liable for anyone who wishes to press a lawsuit. Established Trails with the state parks and WMAs are legal to drive down but not legal to tear up, it would be destruction of property. There is also the whole "established trail" thing. You know whats considered an established traiol just as well as anyone else, it is strictly the opinion of the state park police if you run into one. To go off in a swamp and cut your own ruts, you are looking at big fines. Destruction of property, destruction of wetlands (DEP fine), paying for plantlife that you destroyed (up to every blade of grass) That can easily equal up to 10sd of thousands of dollars of fines. As of now the only thing legal in the state is to drive down trails and tread lightly, or to get wriitten permission to enter someones land. Luckily a good mud park location is being looked into by state officials as we speak. I highly reccomend you reading my post and the links I provided. Not only will you know whats legal and what is not, but at that point you have the proper knowledge just incase you get harrassed
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 06:02 AM   #33
lifewalk
1991 YJ Wrangler 

what mudboy is saying to be blunt. Stay on main dirt roads, tread lightly, and hope the park police are in a good mood.
lifewalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #34
gtimms

NJ has basically outlawed all off-roading. No Trucks, Jeeps, Quads. All criminals in the states eyes. I understand there are those who break the law, but if they gave them a place to do it legally without hassle I think that would solve allot of the problems they have now. If you do it after that then shame on you!
gtimms is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2010, 04:37 AM   #35
JerseyGator
2004 TJ Wrangler 

**** Police state! We aren't criminals. Jeeps just want to have fun!

Will read your post. Thanks...
Unread 12-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #36
3vze28
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i wish there was something in central nj that i could hit on a somewhat regular basis, i finally finished up everything that needed to be done to the jeep and now i havent even wheeled it yet.
3vze28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2010, 06:37 PM   #37
dannymodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3vze28 View Post
i wish there was something in central nj that i could hit on a somewhat regular basis, i finally finished up everything that needed to be done to the jeep and now i havent even wheeled it yet.
PM me if you want some spots in central jersey, they arent legal but ive never been bothered, and dont post them around the web for the whole world to see.
Unread 12-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #38
dannymodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboy View Post
Technically......no. State Parks and WMAs take up a mjority of the forest. Read my post about south jersey a few posts back and it will give you the regs of everything possible within Jersey. To go into any pit within a state park or wma is considered off of the established trail. The rest of the pits are priovate property which you need written permission from the owner which will be very difficult due to it makes him liable for anyone who wishes to press a lawsuit. Established Trails with the state parks and WMAs are legal to drive down but not legal to tear up, it would be destruction of property. There is also the whole "established trail" thing. You know whats considered an established traiol just as well as anyone else, it is strictly the opinion of the state park police if you run into one. To go off in a swamp and cut your own ruts, you are looking at big fines. Destruction of property, destruction of wetlands (DEP fine), paying for plantlife that you destroyed (up to every blade of grass) That can easily equal up to 10sd of thousands of dollars of fines. As of now the only thing legal in the state is to drive down trails and tread lightly, or to get wriitten permission to enter someones land. Luckily a good mud park location is being looked into by state officials as we speak. I highly reccomend you reading my post and the links I provided. Not only will you know whats legal and what is not, but at that point you have the proper knowledge just incase you get harrassed
i was out in a pit today and there was a sign no unregestered vehicals, no dumping trash, no smimming, it was right in the pit area i think that would make it legal right? probably not i bet lol.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.