NJ Trails....Suggestions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > NJ Trails....Suggestions

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 11-23-2010, 03:09 PM   #16
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hunting license is a pain in the *** cause you have to take a Hunter Safety Course NJDEP Division of Fish & Wildlife - NJ Hunting & Trapping Licenses and once you have that you can take it to the Watershed office on Echo Lake road and pay like $50 and get the permit. Plus you can't go off marked fire roads, so it's less wheeling and more like driving through a forest. It's worth it for me cause I hunt already.

The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
BlackBellamy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #17
pile_alcalineNJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

hmm true, would be nice to not need them to go on those trails, guessing you get a trespassing charge if caught on them with a permit?
Unread 11-25-2010, 03:29 AM   #18
dannymodz

i wanna wheel north jersey, south is getting hot with all the tree huggers
Unread 11-27-2010, 10:56 PM   #19
bjdstt247
2000 WJ 

exit 69, has a big open pit
bjdstt247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2010, 05:49 AM   #20
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

which is not legal
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #21
Sudz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmonger View Post
That is Buttermilk Falls in the Wallpack Fish & Wildlife Management Area. I've hiked all over that mountain ridge and know the area well.

41.13745, -74.88899 - Google Maps

Quote:
BUTTERMILK FALLS (Sussex County, 80-90 feet) cascades spectacularly down the red shale face of the Kittatinny Ridge. It is the only waterfall in New Jersey, apart from Great Falls, with a developed viewing area: the National Park Service has erected an interpretive display and built a wooden walkway to the top.
Buttermilk Falls is in the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, alongside a gravel road south of Walpack Center. The Park Service does not advertise Buttermilk Falls, keeping the location a pleasant secret.

Paragon ♠ Tellico ◊ Big Dogs ♣ Rausch Creek ♥ Moab
Sudz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #22
dannymodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboy View Post
which is not legal
no pits are legal without landowners permision, because they are not trail/fireroads. its a shame those are the best places to wheel, they usually have everything mudholes, hillclimbs, washouts, and some even have a pond to swim in. those are the places that should be alowed to be torn up, not wetlands like 1/4 mile, theres no vegetation to kill because its just a big open clearing.
Unread 11-30-2010, 01:45 PM   #23
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

I highly agree. All of the ones around exits 68 and 74 are privately owned a few being Parker (ex mayor as of a couple of weeks ago of Lacey twp) and Claytons sand mining. That whole area around there, unless you seen a map is very oddly placed barriers of what is Wildlife Management Area and Private Property. i agree tjhat abandoned sand/gravel quarries are the best. You got hills, ravines, mud and water in most cases. One of the areas that the PPA ( Pineland Preservation Alliance) has suggested to the DEP for an Off Road Park is awesome though. 2000 acres of mud and mild hills, oddly enough it is not a quarry nor is it in the pines. It's a spot i used to go to about 10 years ago on a weekly basis. Heres an old pic of my buddies truck ripping one of the areas back there
head-slpashed.jpg  
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2010, 08:38 PM   #24
Martinsc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster500 View Post
Burn meadow Rd, West Milford. Heres a video of my day their
Is this place legal?
Martinsc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #25
lifewalk
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I live right by Carranze memorial, If you are heading to wharton def stay away from 1/4 mile and aunt jemima hill. They have been cracking down on those places hard because of the ignorant teenagers partying and leaving trash out there! Every Friday night I am out cruising those trails. Nothing really interesting for the experienced wheelers but fun little trails for the newbs

Last edited by lifewalk; 12-01-2010 at 08:49 AM..
lifewalk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #26
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinsc View Post
Is this place legal?
It's just a road. There's houses on it and everything.
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
BlackBellamy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2010, 08:24 AM   #27
JerseyGator
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Heres a link to another forum. This place is somewhere off 72 just south of 70. Check it out and see if you know the area. I'd love to go here, but something tells me it's not legal either.

New Jersey Stangers - Mustang & Fast Fords Owners
JerseyGator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2010, 08:56 AM   #28
nmitsu22
1995 YJ Wrangler 

jerseygator that link doesnt take you to anything but a signup
nmitsu22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2010, 12:11 PM   #29
WhyJay27
1992 XJ Cherokee 

yoooo ill be up in vernon/sussex area today in my xj anything neat goin down?
1992 XJ **Chopped**-RE 5.5 coils,RE Adj. FTB,JKS Quicks,Rustys LCA's,JKS UCA's,RCX LCA Drops, 2.5" shackles, 3" leaf,Currie HD Steering,Grant Challenger Series,Or-Fab Armor,35x12.50 GY MTR,AEV Pintler 16x8, Custom Bumpers,Prerunner bar,KC Hi lights,Cobra CB,Bushwacker Cut Out Flares,Custom Half Doors,Hi Lift Extreme,Valley Industries rack
WhyJay27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 03:26 PM   #30
dannymodz

that area isnt legal, you should take those pics off the forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.