NJ Trails....Suggestions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > NJ Trails....Suggestions

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-22-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
JerseyJeep

NJ Trails....Suggestions

Hey guys. Ive taken the girl out on some pretty nasty stuff (probably not by many of your standards), and now she wants to give it a go. Are there any trails that may as well be roads in the state? Kinda like a scenic type of thing? I wanna let her take the Jeep offroad, but don't want her to wreck it either.

Any thoughts? Maybe shell sell the trailblazer and pick up a 2011

JerseyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2010, 09:59 PM   #2
TheStigX
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Wharton points - Google Maps

On the right side of the Atsion Ranger Station there is Quaker Bridge Road and when I was down there, it was easily accessible. Just scroll through the back roads on the link I provided and stay away from the areas if you don't like the sound of their description.
Unread 10-23-2010, 06:15 AM   #3
xmonger
2003 WJ 

If you are up in the Northern part of the state, Stokes has some mild trails and nice scenery.

There is a Stokes thread on this forum. Check it out.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f160/...est-nj-750711/
Unread 10-27-2010, 06:34 AM   #4
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJeep View Post
Hey guys. Ive taken the girl out on some pretty nasty stuff (probably not by many of your standards), and now she wants to give it a go. Are there any trails that may as well be roads in the state? Kinda like a scenic type of thing? I wanna let her take the Jeep offroad, but don't want her to wreck it either.

Any thoughts? Maybe shell sell the trailblazer and pick up a 2011
Where you from? I know Wharton rather well.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 09:01 AM   #5
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Stokes and Wharton are your to-go places for legal wheeling. There's nothing out there that would thrill an experienced off-roader but it's perfect for taking friends and family out for their first ride off the pavement.

If you're looking to go a bit farther, try Rausch Creek in PA. Also, click link in my sig for the NJJC - we organize trips to various places, have some private land to wheel on, and have a lot of great folks who will help you out.
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
BlackBellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #6
bc40ton
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Mud, I'm from Cape May and would like a tour of Wharton one day. I know the usual, Oswego Lake, Godfreys Bridge, Apple Pie Hill etc but I am sure there is more to see.
bc40ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2010, 03:32 PM   #7
njjeepthing
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc40ton View Post
Mud, I'm from Cape May and would like a tour of Wharton one day. I know the usual, Oswego Lake, Godfreys Bridge, Apple Pie Hill etc but I am sure there is more to see.
I'm located kinda between you and Mudboy, I'll join ya on a ride, first round of at the pic on me!
njjeepthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 05:18 AM   #8
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Not sure when I could do this. Most of my time out there is during the night hours. I have no problem showing people around out there. Whatever I was to do would be mild though.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #9
dauster500
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Burn meadow Rd, West Milford. Heres a video of my day their YouTube - 04 Stock Wrangler TJ
dauster500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 10:30 AM   #10
WhyJay27
1992 XJ Cherokee 

also Cherry Ridge Rd in Highland Lakes NJ. It connects highland lakes to the ever famous Clinton Rd. in West Milford. pretty nice trail ride mostly, some rocks and little stuff to play around can also sometimes be pretty muddy. PM me if intrested in checkin it out one day, my girlfriend lives in highland lakes so she knows exactly how to get there.
1992 XJ **Chopped**-RE 5.5 coils,RE Adj. FTB,JKS Quicks,Rustys LCA's,JKS UCA's,RCX LCA Drops, 2.5" shackles, 3" leaf,Currie HD Steering,Grant Challenger Series,Or-Fab Armor,35x12.50 GY MTR,AEV Pintler 16x8, Custom Bumpers,Prerunner bar,KC Hi lights,Cobra CB,Bushwacker Cut Out Flares,Custom Half Doors,Hi Lift Extreme,Valley Industries rack
WhyJay27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #11
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Don't like Cherry Ridge because it runs into Wawayanda and I'm not sure if you can wheel there.

However, with a hunting license and a Watershed vehicle permit you can drive all the fire roads and marked trails just south of there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnKjdSi8cyU
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
Unread 11-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #12
Bad_Carma
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Cherry Ridge Rd is in Waywayanda State Park and not legal wheelin
Unread 11-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #13
WhyJay27
1992 XJ Cherokee 

hmm. well im pretty sure i saw a sign at the start of the trail that said "vehicles and atvs with 4x4 capability only permitted" i could have read it wrong though
1992 XJ **Chopped**-RE 5.5 coils,RE Adj. FTB,JKS Quicks,Rustys LCA's,JKS UCA's,RCX LCA Drops, 2.5" shackles, 3" leaf,Currie HD Steering,Grant Challenger Series,Or-Fab Armor,35x12.50 GY MTR,AEV Pintler 16x8, Custom Bumpers,Prerunner bar,KC Hi lights,Cobra CB,Bushwacker Cut Out Flares,Custom Half Doors,Hi Lift Extreme,Valley Industries rack
WhyJay27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2010, 01:45 PM   #14
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

It could be legal - it might be just like when you go into the park and take that right onto Wawayanda Rd, then left at Cross Rd, then left at Iron Mountain Road. You can drive on those, but those are more like hunting access roads than anything to wheel.
Unread 11-22-2010, 08:42 PM   #15
pile_alcalineNJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy View Post
Don't like Cherry Ridge because it runs into Wawayanda and I'm not sure if you can wheel there.

However, with a hunting license and a Watershed vehicle permit you can drive all the fire roads and marked trails just south of there:
how would one go about acquiring those permits?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.