New York Noobie looking for weekend jeep-in + hiking spot (from syracuse) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > New York Noobie looking for weekend jeep-in + hiking spot (from syracuse)

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
crozzer
2002 WJ 

New York Noobie looking for weekend jeep-in + hiking spot (from syracuse)

Hey Gang,
Been a member for awhile, but just moved from California out to Syracuse, New York. I loved running the sierras, Tahoe, etc., in my mostly stock WJ, and i'm hoping to get my fiancee interested by showing her a great jeeping weekend this coming weekend.

So I need your help!

Can you share with us your favorite jeep-in camping spot? Ideally with moderately challenging wheeling, a river, and nice hiking nearby? We'll either tent up or sleep in the WJ. We'll have a dog. We live in Syracuse and would like to keep the drive under 4 hours or so.

Cheers, and thanks

Unread 05-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #2
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

This is the EAST COAST pal......
rubiwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 06:48 PM   #3
crozzer
2002 WJ 

yep! and syracuse is in upstate new york, doesn't that count?
Unread 05-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #4
DaveJKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crozzer View Post
Hey Gang,
Been a member for awhile, but just moved from California out to Syracuse, New York. I loved running the sierras, Tahoe, etc., in my mostly stock WJ, and i'm hoping to get my fiancee interested by showing her a great jeeping weekend this coming weekend.

So I need your help!

Can you share with us your favorite jeep-in camping spot? Ideally with moderately challenging wheeling, a river, and nice hiking nearby? We'll either tent up or sleep in the WJ. We'll have a dog. We live in Syracuse and would like to keep the drive under 4 hours or so.

Cheers, and thanks
Welcome to NY crozzer.

Check your PMs.

NY is a beautiful State. You just need to explore it and respect the land.
War Veterans Jeep Group #31
Black Jeep Society #217

Last edited by DaveJKJ; 05-06-2010 at 01:19 PM..
DaveJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2010, 04:48 PM   #5
TMCXJ
1996 ZJ 

PM me. There are a ton of places! I'm less than an hour east of you, there are a lot of guys in SYR that are always out wheeling.

In fact, PM sent.
"...a long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason." Thomas Paine
TMCXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 07:08 PM   #6
TDRILL
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I wish you guys had posted something on the forum instead of PMs. I'm from Rome and just picked up a used TJ. I'd be interested in the same thing, a few good places nearby to get out and get her dirty
TDRILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #7
XJLI
1993 XJ Cherokee 

get one of these:

XJLI is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.