The new stokes thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > The new stokes thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-28-2013, 11:43 AM   #61
zimflux
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by larjeep View Post
So who wants to hit stokes soon.
I am down. When and where.

I have only sort of explored there a coupe of time and just saw some road. Is there anything interesting there?

Either way I am down to explore. Coming from Somerset Co.

zimflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #62
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

I'm down too as long as I don't have other plans already set on whatever date is chosen.
Unread 03-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #63
larjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Maybe we set it up for next Sunday am.
Unread 03-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #64
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by larjeep View Post
Maybe we set it up for next Sunday am.
I'll be free.. I'll be half dead because I'm never up in the a.m. work second shift
Unread 03-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #65
Badfish740

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronove View Post
Got my fist jku (2010 Rubicon) three weeks ago. Took it up to stokes this past weekend. I was by myself, but still had a blast. Turn left off 206 right after the state forest park onto Struble Rd. Go down about a mile and there is a road on the right that will lead you into the forest. It was easy trails but I had a blast. Went back up on Sunday too.
Was anything closed (temporary closures for winter)?
Badfish740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #66
cameronove

Well there were some signs that said road washed out and road closed. But they weren't blocked (no barriers where I drove). And me being me went down them with no problems in my jkur.
cameronove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #67
larjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Nice deal.
Unread 03-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #68
cameronove

I'm headed up to Stokes right now. Be there in about an hour or so...
Unread 03-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #69
larjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Let me know if it looks like its all opened up.
Unread 03-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #70
cameronove

Just got back from Stokes about an hour ago. Went up 15 to 206 and turned left onto Struble Rd just when Struble turns to Dingman (Dimon on Google Maps, but I'm sure I saw Dingman Rd on the sign). Anyway, just about the point where Struble turns to Dingman there is a dirt road off to the right. Take that into the forest. That will go for quite a ways until it gets to a tee going right at the tee will bring you out to Brook Rd. Going left will bring you all the way down to Wallpack Cemetery. You can go right from there on a paved road to visit the abandoned town of Wallpack. We turned around and were going to go back the dirt road we drove but I saw Tilman Rd and decided to see if there were any roads off that. We Drove Tilman Rd until we got to Dingman and didn't see any roads to drive at all. However, on Dingman there were two roads that looked promising but they were blocked off so we weren't able to drive them. So we kept on Dingman until we got back to Struble and turned left onto the dirt road we drove originally. When we got back to the tee we went right. Going right leads to a fork in the road the left fork brings you to a closed off bridge going right at the fork brings you up a road that said it is closed, but isn't blocked which we drove anyway. There were a number of little 'jaunts' off the main dirt road within the forest that were a lot of fun (they don't really go anywhere, but some were really fun--I got high centered on a long on one of the 'jaunts' but eventually got over the log). I had to chop another large branch off because of the way it was sticking up in the air in the middle of the road.

All-in-all we (my son and I and our rottweiler) spent about three super fun hours up there and had a really great time.

My buddy at work said that I should check out Culver Lake road--there are some trails up there he said. Next time I go up there I'm going to check that out. We didn't actually go up by Culver Lake.
Unread 03-30-2013, 08:26 PM   #71
cameronove

Just another note. A more advanced driver probably won't take three hours to do all those trails. I'm a newbie offroader and I took everything slow. Still it was a lot of fun...especially if you take all the little side 'jaunts' along the way. (is 'jaunts' the right word for little trails that go nowhere and that you eventually have to turn around and go back to the main road?)
Unread 04-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #72
larjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I think in a couple if weeks we should all head up for a trip to explore.
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #73
mtnbiker49

That's definitely not called Dingman Rd, by the way. lol. CR560 is the one also known as Dingmans Rd. Everything is open aside from the trails on the left heading towards Tillmans Ravine and the road to Buttermilk Falls (road being graded/prescribed burns).
mtnbiker49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 08:27 AM   #74
zimflux
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone want to go this weekend?
zimflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #75
larjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

When u thinking of going.

And what u wheeling

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.