The new stokes thread - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > The new stokes thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #1
larjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The new stokes thread

hey guys, wanted to start new thread and have this as a new meet up spot to see who and when anybody wants to go to stokes.

Unread 02-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
squishy
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by larjeep
hey guys, wanted to start new thread and have this as a new meet up spot to see who and when anybody wants to go to stokes.
Where's stokes?
squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
larjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Up off 206north. It's north west nj
Unread 02-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
squishy
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by larjeep
Up off 206north. It's north west nj
An ok. I'm new to "central jersey". I've been to south jersey a bit but not north much. What's it like? Sandy wetness?
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
larjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

It is woods and dirt. No sand at all. Some rocks. Mostly trais in the forest.
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
hammerstien
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'd be up to go there one day esp I you know the lay of the land. Went up there with the old lady in the summer but really didn't know where I was going. Subscribed
hammerstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:22 PM   #7
larjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

We can plan a trip soon. I live close to willow brook FYI.
Unread 02-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #8
hammerstien
2010 JK Wrangler 

Looking forward to it
Unread 02-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #9
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Im down to go for a ride once I get mine back from the trans shop in a week or two and fix my sway bar mount that snapped in half. Also, same as Hammerstein, been there once but didn't know every trail.
Unread 02-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #10
squishy
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerstien
I'd be up to go there one day esp I you know the lay of the land. Went up there with the old lady in the summer but really didn't know where I was going. Subscribed
Hammerstien!!!! Lol. I'm down for a ride sometime. Gotta get a new front shaft. Destroyed my last one after a Rausch trip. Lol
Unread 02-26-2013, 04:47 AM   #11
hammerstien
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy

Hammerstien!!!! Lol. I'm down for a ride sometime. Gotta get a new front shaft. Destroyed my last one after a Rausch trip. Lol
Ha what's up bud. I just wouldn't expect anything crazy at stokes. I know how you like to get down! Ha
Unread 02-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #12
squishy
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerstien

Ha what's up bud. I just wouldn't expect anything crazy at stokes. I know how you like to get down! Ha
Lol. That's cool though an exploring trip is fun.
Unread 02-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
Badfish740

Hey all-not sure if this will get me tarred and feathered here but it's worth a shot. I'm not a Jeep owner, but I am looking to explore Stokes. I've been up there and to the Water Gap (Crater Lake, Buttermilk Falls, etc...) a few times, but never really got out on the trails. This site kept coming up every time I Googled "Stokes" and "off road," specifically this thread:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f360/...1/index24.html

I'd really like to find the areas that are shown in the second post. I'm not looking for any hardcore "break stuff" off roading, just some nice rides through the woods with the family. I want to take the kids just to introduce them to it/get them out in the woods. I have a mildly lifted '91 Toyota pickup on 32s that I might take up there at some point with my BIL if we find some more advanced stuff. That hillclimb might be a little much for the SUV since the ruts look kind of deep, but the rest of it looks ok. If anybody can give me some general directions via PM I'd really appreciate it, or maybe we can meet up with you all one weekend now that the weather is getting nicer. I'm about an hour south in Hunterdon County.
Badfish740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #14
hammerstien
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740
Hey all-not sure if this will get me tarred and feathered here but it's worth a shot. I'm not a Jeep owner, but I am looking to explore Stokes. I've been up there and to the Water Gap (Crater Lake, Buttermilk Falls, etc...) a few times, but never really got out on the trails. This site kept coming up every time I Googled "Stokes" and "off road," specifically this thread:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f360/...1/index24.html

I'd really like to find the areas that are shown in the second post. I'm not looking for any hardcore "break stuff" off roading, just some nice rides through the woods with the family. I want to take the kids just to introduce them to it/get them out in the woods. I have a mildly lifted '91 Toyota pickup on 32s that I might take up there at some point with my BIL if we find some more advanced stuff. That hillclimb might be a little much for the SUV since the ruts look kind of deep, but the rest of it looks ok. If anybody can give me some general directions via PM I'd really appreciate it, or maybe we can meet up with you all one weekend now that the weather is getting nicer. I'm about an hour south in Hunterdon County.
This is where I went last summer but didn't find much except for dirt roads. There is an entrance off this street

95 Struble Rd
Branchville new Jersey 07826
United States
Unread 02-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #15
Badfish740

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerstien View Post
This is where I went last summer but didn't find much except for dirt roads. There is an entrance off this street

95 Struble Rd
Branchville new Jersey 07826
United States
Thanks-I've been around there a few times but never really strayed off the path. Did you run across anything "CLOSED TO MOTOR VEHICLES" signs or anything like that? I know that a lot of stuff in South Jersey has been closed off in recent years because of blatant abuse of the trails in some areas. Some of the roads in the Gap have been closed, but it's because they were damaged during Hurricane Irene and the NPS hasn't fixed them yet. Some say its because they're using the damage as a backdoor way to close the roads for good. I hope not because if so Crater Lake will be totally inaccessible for swimming unless you want to hike 4 miles uphill from the parking area.
Badfish740 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.