New offroad jeep shop in north jersey!!!!!!! - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > New offroad jeep shop in north jersey!!!!!!!

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 02-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #121
Commander9
2009 XK Commander 

musclezmarinara did you blackout your headlight housing?very aggressive look and Jay is that something your should could do?

Commander9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #122
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Never got a pm back..
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 10:48 PM   #123
ohvkj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

herd you guys headed to Rausch next week? See you there
Unread 02-20-2012, 09:12 AM   #124
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander9 View Post
musclezmarinara did you blackout your headlight housing?very aggressive look and Jay is that something your should could do?
those are stock and yes we (ACOR ) can black out the housings, depending on the model of the lamp, PM us or shoot me an email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZJ View Post
Never got a pm back..
what was it in reference too REDZJ....shoot me an email (in sig) well get it squared away.
Unread 02-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #125
Jay@ACOR
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Got it to him Marco thanks for the follow up tho
201-666-3500
FACEBOOK
info@acor4x4.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" Your one stop Jeep and truck shop in Northeast New Jersey. We Specialize in the modification, installation, and repair of all Jeep models."
Jay@ACOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #126
Jay@ACOR
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Welcome to the CLUB

JCR OFF ROAD VENDOR
jcr.jpg  
201-666-3500
FACEBOOK
info@acor4x4.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" Your one stop Jeep and truck shop in Northeast New Jersey. We Specialize in the modification, installation, and repair of all Jeep models."
Unread 03-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #127
Jay_C_NNJ

Recently got my rig back from the guys at ACOR and just wanted to post up that they did an outstanding job. They were very professional and the shop itself is probably the best equipped in the area. I had an old mismatched rough country lift that was on my jeep when I bought it. Turns out I'd been riding around for the past 6 months with a broken shock and a lift that was installed incorrectly. I had a few ideas of what I wanted when I went in and working with Jay was a pleasure since there was no pressure or attitude. Just advice and opinions that he had from experience. I ended up going with a BDS kit with the Fox Racing shock upgrade. I can't be happier. I also had a broken lower control arm mount that we replaced with Rock Krawler lca mounts that are super heavy duty and the welds are high quality.

Over all great experience. The only problem I have is that I'm already planning on my next upgrade!

If anybody has any questions feel free to contact me.

Jay

Jay_C_NNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #128
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_C_NNJ View Post
Recently got my rig back from the guys at ACOR and just wanted to post up that they did an outstanding job. They were very professional and the shop itself is probably the best equipped in the area. I had an old mismatched rough country lift that was on my jeep when I bought it. Turns out I'd been riding around for the past 6 months with a broken shock and a lift that was installed incorrectly. I had a few ideas of what I wanted when I went in and working with Jay was a pleasure since there was no pressure or attitude. Just advice and opinions that he had from experience. I ended up going with a BDS kit with the Fox Racing shock upgrade. I can't be happier. I also had a broken lower control arm mount that we replaced with Rock Krawler lca mounts that are super heavy duty and the welds are high quality.

Over all great experience. The only problem I have is that I'm already planning on my next upgrade!

If anybody has any questions feel free to contact me.

Jay

Which height BDS kit did you get? If one of the lower ones, I'm curious as to whether BDS/Fox sorted out the shock length issue they were having. I've been thinking about getting those shocks to go with my 3"/2" BDS springs. How much bumpstop extension did Jay have to put in for you in the front?
Unread 03-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #129
Jay_C_NNJ

I got the 3" kit from BDS and it was my understanding that there were no issues with shock length anymore.

I'd have to check with Jay on the bump stop extension length, but I'm pretty sure he used what came with the kit.
Jay_C_NNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #130
Jay@ACOR
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Yea, we used the 2 inch extensions provided with the kit from BDS. If more is needed we can always puck it like yours is Eric.
201-666-3500
FACEBOOK
info@acor4x4.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unread 03-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #131
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like a 2" air bump can would fit well in there if the factory bumpstop tube was cut out. Also looks like a standard 2" body Fox smoothie 10 or 12" travel would work well too if normal shock tabs were welded on, or a stud adapter was used at the top. Never seen a Fox shock with a one-piece body and stud on top instead of a cap. Are those still 2" body? I wonder if they use the same internals as the normal 2" shocks. It looks like a standard 5/8" shaft but I can't see the bottom of the housing or the lower eye. Also looks like there's no schrader fitting to charge them but again I can't see the whole shock.
1 ton yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 06:50 AM   #132
Jay@ACOR
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Fox specifically makes these shocks for bds kits and are vehicle specific hence the stem tops. They are a 2" body and 5/8 shaft as well , I do believe these are valved the same or very similar to the " generic" fox 2.0 shocks
201-666-3500
FACEBOOK
info@acor4x4.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unread 03-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #133
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay@ACOR View Post
Yea, we used the 2 inch extensions provided with the kit from BDS. If more is needed we can always puck it like yours is Eric.
Yep, the pucks on the bottom are nice and easy. There were just reports of people having to use 3"+ of extension because shocks were too long. Ends up taking away travel that your really should have with a 3" lift. If Fox fixed that then maybe time for me to order the shocks from you.
Unread 03-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #134
Jay@ACOR
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Fox did remedy the situation, if you go to BDS's site and look at the 5500 shock specs vs. the Fox shock specs the collapsed and extended lengths are the same for the kits they are designed to go with. Let me know what you'd like to do Eric, your a great guy to do business with!
201-666-3500
FACEBOOK
info@acor4x4.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unread 03-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #135
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay@ACOR View Post
Let me know what you'd like to do Eric, your a great guy to do business with!
Thanks Jay. I'll be in touch. Now that I am back from KOH I have to get that front axle swapped that you worked on for me. I know we talked about regearing the D44 in the rear, but looks like I'm going to swap in a Currie F9 back there.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.