New offroad jeep shop in north jersey!!!!!!! - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > New offroad jeep shop in north jersey!!!!!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #256
SKI_VT
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockiller

Why would u recommend them over the other any problems with 4x4 shop. They are both about the same distance from me
Yea I bought my WJ from the owner of the 4x4,
Jeep had some problems and he said he would fix them.
when he did he did very shoddy work and I had to fix the stuff myself. (Leaking oil, radiator, busted coil rail, etc)

I've known the people at Acor for a long time, the professionalism is there, the attention to detail is there.
Yea they work on a lot of High end cars but they also work on a ton of trucks

It's up to you what you decide but I had a bad experience with other shop and they weren't very professional about the whole situation so that's why I'd recommend Acor.

Unread 07-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #257
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

ACOR did nice custom work for me on shock outboarding, tower extension, rear trackbar relocation, etc. There is one wide shot of my jeep right after it was a done a couple pages down in this thread, but I have lots of other detailed ones if anyone has doubts.
Unread 07-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #258
Rockiller
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Some people have told me that there welding is not up to par. And prone to fail.
Rockiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 07:33 AM   #259
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockiller View Post
Some people have told me that there welding is not up to par. And prone to fail.
Would be curious as to actual examples of failure given how much of their welding is on my jeep now.
Unread 07-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #260
larjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Oh no. Here we go!
Unread 07-31-2013, 04:29 PM   #261
Jay@ACOR
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, I've been watching this go on for a few days now on this thread and I'm not entirely thrilled with whats going on. This is a thread just to promote the fact that there is a "newish" shop in the Northern NJ area that is here to help out any and all Jeep/Truck people that are interested. This is not a thread to bash any other shops or my own with rumors or "facts" of bad work/ethic. If any of my customers have or had an issue with work that I have performed please let me know and the situation will be taken care of. We here at ACOR/ACM stand behind our workmanship 100% and will fix any fault that may have occurred in a previous install. Now having said that I have had NO ONE come forward to me with complaints of shotty work, bad welds, failed welds, etc... Therefore I WILL NOT have people throwing out random "facts" about work I have done making my current customers doubt my abilities.

Eric, your truck is built just fine and those towers are not going ANYWHERE you have nothing to worry about, and you know I will take care of anything you need your a fantastic customer of mine.

SKI- I know of your past bad experiences with The 4x4 Place, if someone must know what kind of experience you had PM them with the info. PLEASE do not bash other shops on here I don't want bad blood in the community. ( BTW your truck comes inside tonite for the build!)

Larjeep- I know your a joking kinda of guy but don't instigate an issue, like I said keep it civil and related to the thread.

And lastly Rockiller, If you interested in being an ACOR customer please stop by to check the place out and talk to be personally, I promise you won't be disappointed. If not however that's totally fine, its your rig and your money go where you please and I hope your experience is a pleasant one.

Lets get back on track guys.

Thanks
Jay
201-666-3500
FACEBOOK
info@acor4x4.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" Your one stop Jeep and truck shop in Northeast New Jersey. We Specialize in the modification, installation, and repair of all Jeep models."
Jay@ACOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #262
tomsryt
2012 JK Wrangler 

My daughter had her lift-exhaust-wheels (let's just say everything that was modded), including axle gussets. (Her's is the 12 Dozer Rubi)
Having welded structural steel longer than these guys are alive, I was very comfortable having her drive out with the work done at ACOR.
Any snafus that occurred were in the supply chain, out of the hands of Jay and his crew.
tomsryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #263
Ddayisnear

Acor is awesome, they know what they are doing and should be trusted. Also, their window stickers are great!
Ddayisnear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #264
walpackhunter
1930 CJ2 

I called for gears and they said 2000 plus ....i hung up fast. Horrible place, also I been there before and they have dogs running around jumping at you..ugly pit bulls.

Last edited by walpackhunter; 12-09-2013 at 11:36 AM..
walpackhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #265
Jay@ACOR
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I don't believe a post that harsh towards our company is called for what-so-ever. I VERY politely talked to you on the phone about what you were looking to do and prices that went along with the needed service. Your truck has the 3.07 gearing, therefore you MUST change the front carrier to accept the 4.56 gears you chose. That part by its self is around $500 new, each gear set is around $200.00, each master rebuild set is around $160-$200 depending on company and parts included, add in cost of fluids, shipping, tax and labor costs ( $450.00 rear axle, $500.00 front axle). By no means were we ripping you off or over charging, we have done plenty of gear installs before and have had nothing but happy customers. We all here at ACOR and ACM strive to offer each customer that walks in, industry leading customer service, and take a tremendous amount of pride in what we do. We love our trucks, our cars, the outdoors, and our dogs. If that's not you're thing, we respect that. Please respect what we love. Thanks. For all you who haven't met our adorable pups, here are a few pictures of our ugly pit bulls. Have a great day.

Brutus

TJ
201-666-3500
FACEBOOK
info@acor4x4.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" Your one stop Jeep and truck shop in Northeast New Jersey. We Specialize in the modification, installation, and repair of all Jeep models."
Unread 12-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #266
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay@ACOR View Post
Your truck has the 3.07 gearing, therefore you MUST change the front carrier to accept the 4.56 gears you chose. That part by its self is around $500 new.
Are we talking about some kind of a locker here? That would make the $2k quote seem reasonable. An open D30 carrier is about $100.
Unread 12-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #267
Jay@ACOR
1995 XJ Cherokee 

No locker Eric, last time we had to get one it's was around $400 and change plus shippig, I'm sure you can get them used for pretty cheap if ya look around however I was just going off of what we had to get last time around, it was a OEM equivalent carrier to use up to 4.56 on from Omix Ada I believe, it can be found cheaper I would by all means use that one.
201-666-3500
FACEBOOK
info@acor4x4.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unread 12-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #268
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay@ACOR View Post
No locker Eric, last time we had to get one it's was around $400 and change plus shippig, I'm sure you can get them used for pretty cheap if ya look around however I was just going off of what we had to get last time around, it was a OEM equivalent carrier to use up to 4.56 on from Omix Ada I believe, it can be found cheaper I would by all means use that one.
I'm still confused. How about this? Dana/Spicer (which is OEM) open D30 carrier 3.73 & numerically higher for $64 empty or $144 loaded: http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-129...r-3-73-up.html
Unread 12-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #269
Jay@ACOR
1995 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.quadratec.com/products/52406_0039.htm we used this last time. My mistake, thought it was $469.99, its $369.99 I apologize.
201-666-3500
FACEBOOK
info@acor4x4.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unread 12-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #270
Jay@ACOR
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like I've got to change my vendors, thanks for the product referral Eric.
201-666-3500
FACEBOOK
info@acor4x4.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.