New offroad jeep shop in north jersey!!!!!!! - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > New offroad jeep shop in north jersey!!!!!!!

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #136
Jay@ACOR
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds good to me, give me a call whenever your ready. Very jealous about KOH, how was it?

201-666-3500
FACEBOOK
info@acor4x4.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" Your one stop Jeep and truck shop in Northeast New Jersey. We Specialize in the modification, installation, and repair of all Jeep models."
Jay@ACOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #137
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay@ACOR View Post
Sounds good to me, give me a call whenever your ready. Very jealous about KOH, how was it?
Well, 18 days in the Johnson Valley desert dealing with hot in the day, cold at night, wind, dirt, sleeping in an RV with 3 other smelly guys, doing a lot more manual labor than I am used to, etc. can wear on you a little. I was beat when I got home.

But it was an amazing experience. Seeing the lake bed go from nothing to full Hammertown, the week of racing and then how quickly it all breaks down was a lot to see. The inside access I had working with Dave Cole was unbelieveable. Don't know where to start in experiences. During pre-running I had a ride in one of the Unlimited class cars across the desert and up Chocolate Thunder. For Everyman Challenge I was working the finish line when everybody came across. For the two days of Qualifying I was one of the official timers. For the main race day I was the Hammerking staff member working at the Chocolate Thunder gate keeper so was in the middle of all of that mess that happened there. Meeting and spending time with a lot of the big names in the sport. Learning to do full tech inspections on the cars. Just tearing across the desert in a quad or side by side. Etc. Etc.

I will definitely go back again. Would be awesome to do it someday as racer. Unlimited class and probably even modified feel pretty out of reach, but I could envision making the stock class work. It wouldn't be cheap, but it seems doable. Maybe we'll have to team up one year and try it.
Unread 03-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #138
Jay@ACOR
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Wow seems like one hell of an experience! Im planning on making the trip next year with some of the boys from the shop. I'd love to participate in the future in the stock class, as you said Unlimited and Modified are a little ridiculous and at the moment the shop doesnt have the time or money to dump into building a $250k rock racing rig lol.
201-666-3500
FACEBOOK
info@acor4x4.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" Your one stop Jeep and truck shop in Northeast New Jersey. We Specialize in the modification, installation, and repair of all Jeep models."
Unread 03-06-2012, 02:08 PM   #139
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay@ACOR View Post
Wow seems like one hell of an experience! Im planning on making the trip next year with some of the boys from the shop. I'd love to participate in the future in the stock class, as you said Unlimited and Modified are a little ridiculous and at the moment the shop doesnt have the time or money to dump into building a $250k rock racing rig lol.
After seeing the range of rigs that ran stock and talking to many of the teams, I think that once you have a decent base vehicle to start with you could probably get to the starting line in stock for 10-15K, although you're chances of finishing aren't great. To be respectable in stock I think you're probably talking 25-30K budget on top of your base platform. I haven't done it all out on a spreadsheet though so I could be off. I think all of the safety stuff and just the travel and living for the week or two out there with a full team would soak up a lot more of a budget than you might initially think. A slow and steady gets you to finish line without breaking approach is probably what you want. To do that I think axle strength and reasonable suspension work are the keys. Granted there will be people in stock who do a lot more than that. Look at everything Savvy/Currie did to their LJ. I love Gerald and spent a lot of time with him out there but at least this year I don't think that was representative of the rest of the class (and the results seemed to demonstrate that). As the class becomes more established you probably will see more manufacturer built and raced rigs in that class though. It really is a good platform for them to develop and show off parts that can make their way down to people like us (or put another way, increase their sales). How well you can play the sponsor game probably helps the budget out a lot. Not sure there was a lot of out right free stuff going to the average stock guys but definitely some companies that were supportive of the class with preferred pricing. Tried to meet some of those vendors while I was there just in case.
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #140
RRP777
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hi All

I'm Rob, I bought myself a 2012 JK Unlimited Rubicon back in November. I've been searching the forums learning as much as I can and planning the build I wanted for my JK. Well I'm done and ready to take it to the next level.

I found this thread and saved it back in October and finally took a ride down to see Jay and the crew with my work partner Tom who is also planning some work on his 2001 WJ. Jay, I want to thank you for taking the time out to talk to us and showing us around.

I have to say I'm very impressed with Jay's knowledge and the Shop. We both can't wait to get our trucks down there hopefully within two weeks.

My JK is getting a 4.5 AEV lift, Elka Shocks, PureJeep Front Axle Gusset, AFE Y-Pipe, 9/16 bolt kit, BMF Wheels,and 37 Nitto's. Bumpers to follow later.

Tom's WJ well Jay would know better then me but I know 4" BDS lift and My Rubicon wheels and tires.
RRP777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #141
Tb02wj
2002 WJ 

Hi guys, this is Tom, just joined up. Hey Jay can't wait to get my jeep in to get done. I cant wait to see it when it's finished.
Tb02wj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #142
Ddayisnear

Sup Tom, hopatcong here, look for the stokes thread and come trail ride with us. Jay at acor can give u direction, his shop is LEGIT
Ddayisnear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #143
Tb02wj
2002 WJ 

Sounds good, where are these trails.
Ill have to take the 01 wj, im not ready to take the 02 wj when its all done
Tb02wj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #144
Jay@ACOR
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for all the praise guys! Tom and Rob, im just as excited as you are to build up your rigs, lemme know when you have everything together so we can order these parts tom!
201-666-3500
FACEBOOK
info@acor4x4.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unread 03-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #145
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

jay, can you do gear swaps on 12s yet.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #146
Jay@ACOR
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Yes we can, however you must get the AEV Procal to recalibrate for ratio change.
201-666-3500
FACEBOOK
info@acor4x4.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unread 03-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #147
RRP777
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well tomorrows the day. The Jk is going in to see Jay and the boys. Did the pinch seams tonight to make room for the 37's but couldn't finish the Rub rails ran out of cuttin,g wheels.
RRP777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #148
SKI_VT
2000 WJ 

Getting my new exhaust in soon, definitely coming to you guys for it !
Also your like 10 mins away haha

And I saw the 37's on the FB page before, they are sick!!
Unread 03-27-2012, 05:41 AM   #149
Jay@ACOR
1995 XJ Cherokee 

A very nice build in store for today! Robs JK getting 4.5" AEV Lift with Geometry Correction and tie rod flip, as well as 37" Nittos with a front axle truss. Also we just upgraded our Hunter Alignment machine, to all you JK guys having ESP/BAS issues after your lifts the new setup can reset and calibrate your steering angle sensor after an alignment, no more "guess and test" steering wheel centering!

SKI VT- Looking forward to your visit to ACOR! Stop by sometime before your exhaust comes in to check the place out.
201-666-3500
FACEBOOK
info@acor4x4.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unread 03-27-2012, 07:05 AM   #150
SKI_VT
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay@ACOR
SKI VT- Looking forward to your visit to ACOR! Stop by sometime before your exhaust comes in to check the place out.
Will do!
I'm actually a buddy of Matt P. and he's been trying to get me to come in the shop for a long but I just haven't had anything for you guys yet

Let me know what day itll be ok to drop by

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.