new to jeeping - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > new to jeeping

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
jhrebs
1987 YJ Wrangler 

new to jeeping

I have an '87 yj. Woudl like to do some off roading. Never have. my jeep is stock. Anybody know of good rides to do? anyone wanna take a newbie?

Unread 08-27-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
sevenscrew
1997 ZJ 

stokes state forest is good for stock jeeps, and lifted, depends how well you know the trails, just go along brook rd (seen on mapquest) and take the side trails and travel at your own risk. certain spots will say no vehicles beyond this point. i respect those signs, and i do not go in the mud pits because those are ticket spots where people have gotten tickets and just rip the signs down too.. certain people ruin it for us more respectful jeepers.. but ill be going around september 20th ISH once i have my license and front track bar replaced. ill invite you then, i know the trails very well. i have a lifted v8 zj on 4" of lift and 32 mud terrains.
sevenscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 11:57 PM   #3
hammerstien
2010 JK Wrangler 

I went to stokes this past weekend and didn't really find much. I'd like to go with someone who knows the area better. It's definitely more than fine for stock from what I saw buts it's cool to cruise around and do some hiking too.
hammerstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
8figgas
2008 JK Wrangler 

You won't find any excitement at any of the NJ sites. If you want to test yourself and ur rig, go to Rausch Creek...
Unread 08-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
hammerstien
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'd like to get back out to rausch after I get my front axle swapped out. The jersey section is awfully quiet though. I've wheeled with a bunch of jks but I'd like to get out with some older rigs.
hammerstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
rocko567

If your in north Jersey check out north jeresy jeep club
rocko567 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.