Menantico ponds - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Menantico ponds

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-03-2013, 01:15 AM   #1
yjcb

Menantico ponds

Can someone give me info about this place? I'm dying to go there but have heard mixed things about it. Can you actually get back there with a car? Where do you go ? I've heard you can't leave your car parked far unattended because people break in and stuff... Any information would be great

yjcb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #2
DragoonLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The pros: big mud holes, fun hill climbs, swimming when its real hot. The cons: privately owned, if you get caught which people do it could be hundreds in fines. A jeep can get back there if you know the right entrance, prob not a regular car.
DragoonLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #3
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If its illegal don't go to it!
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #4
DragoonLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyJeepZJ View Post
If its illegal don't go to it!
Its all risk vs reward, if you are going to go, go with somebody who has been there and knows what they doing. Thats the only way I would go.
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
rcwj04
2004 WJ 

no its illegal, that means you don't go. There aren't many legal places to wheel any more and going on illegal trails makes it that much more temping to take away the good spots, all it takes is one person to ruin it for everyone.

Quote:
You forget that most members here don't own a crystal ball to tell you exactly what your problem is, specially with bad pictures that don't say/show much of anything... -Jacko84

Just a 19 year old kid with a Jeep, and broke because of it, and loving every moment.
---------------------------------------------------------------
2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k
2" BDS coils & Bilstein 5100's | Addco rear swaybar with energy bushings |
K&N FIPK | glasspack | plasti-dipped badges | 17" moabs | HID's, 245/65/17 Cooper Discover AT3 | Rola rack | Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs | Bed lined interior (what a pain that was)
rcwj04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #6
DragoonLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwj04 View Post
no its illegal, that means you don't go. There aren't many legal places to wheel any more and going on illegal trails makes it that much more temping to take away the good spots, all it takes is one person to ruin it for everyone.
Already been ruined, the barrens are all that's left
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #7
yjcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonLJ
The pros: big mud holes, fun hill climbs, swimming when its real hot. The cons: privately owned, if you get caught which people do it could be hundreds in fines. A jeep can get back there if you know the right entrance, prob not a regular car.
Thanks for your response that stinks I don't know if I would trust going there then.... I heard there were huge bass there too and wanted to fish! Another quick question where do you get a beach pass at IBSP and are you allowed to go on the beach right away? Do you have to pay for regular park entrance still After you get it? I'm gonna go down this weekend but it's a far trip so I'm hoping I can get on the beach the day I buy it
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #8
rcwj04
2004 WJ 

Quote:
People are talking about banning motor vehicles from the barrens and wharton state park as well, so its best not to add fuel to the environmentalist's fire

Quote:
You forget that most members here don't own a crystal ball to tell you exactly what your problem is, specially with bad pictures that don't say/show much of anything... -Jacko84

Just a 19 year old kid with a Jeep, and broke because of it, and loving every moment.
---------------------------------------------------------------
2004 WJ Laredo 4.0 116k
2" BDS coils & Bilstein 5100's | Addco rear swaybar with energy bushings |
K&N FIPK | glasspack | plasti-dipped badges | 17" moabs | HID's, 245/65/17 Cooper Discover AT3 | Rola rack | Fawkes stand alone shackle tabs | Bed lined interior (what a pain that was)
rcwj04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #9
rayko
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You can get the beach pass right at IBSP, at the Rangers office. They give you the pass right there,(for $195.) after you fill out the paperwork. The pass is for fishing only...you will need the proper offroad equipment too. a board, a jack, a shovel, first aid kit, tow strap, I forget what else. Go to New Jersey Beach Buggy Assn. web site, or the parks website they'll give you all the particulars.
rayko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #10
DragoonLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwj04 View Post

People are talking about banning motor vehicles from the barrens and wharton state park as well, so its best not to add fuel to the environmentalist's fire
To me the pines are in decent shape for being as popular as they are. Most people understand that they have to take care of the area. Offroading in general fuels the environmentalists objections cause most dont understand it. If it ever got to the point of banning motor vehicles, they should just make you purchase a yearly trail pass.
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #11
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

www.njbba.org for beach locations and stuff you need for the beach.
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #12
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonLJ View Post
To me the pines are in decent shape for being as popular as they are. Most people understand that they have to take care of the area. Offroading in general fuels the environmentalists objections cause most dont understand it. If it ever got to the point of banning motor vehicles, they should just make you purchase a yearly trail pass.
That's because we take pride in the fact we can go there and help to clean it up. Have a big clean up every October. Apple Pie Hill was a mess last weekend so we took some time to pick things up.
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #13
rayko
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonLJ View Post
You still have Stokes up North Jersey, still legal.
rayko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #14
yjcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayko
You can get the beach pass right at IBSP, at the Rangers office. They give you the pass right there,(for $195.) after you fill out the paperwork. The pass is for fishing only...you will need the proper offroad equipment too. a board, a jack, a shovel, first aid kit, tow strap, I forget what else. Go to New Jersey Beach Buggy Assn. web site, or the parks website they'll give you all the particulars.
Thank you!
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #15
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Its a shame its illegal. Who owns the land?
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.