LTB: 1999 XJ Limited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > LTB: 1999 XJ Limited

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 12-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #1
musclezmarinara
2012 KK Liberty 

LTB: 1999 XJ Limited

Im looking to get into a XJ i found this one on craigslist, i just wanted to know if anyone knows of things to look out for before i look into purchasing this one.

as the AD states

Gun Metal Blue 1999 Jeep Cherokee Limited Edition, 100,000 miles. Leather interior black and grey, HID headlights (crystal white) and fog lights. 33" tires, lifted, all the accesories and proper equipment for off-roading. Looking to get rid of it, got a new Jeep. Price is negotiable $3000.00

Its lifted so I'm wondering if the drive-train could go yada yada.

Ill see if i can go see it today as its close to me in Paramus.

musclezmarinara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
jonathoner
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Make sure it goes into all the 4wd gears. Check for any leaks. Check out the unibody especially around the steering box.
Unread 12-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
njfreekshow
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Is this posted in the right area? Thought it'd be better in the XJ forum...but id ask all about the lift, ask about the gearing, check all of 4wd gears (like said above), check the frame for cracks (my tj has a crack in the frame, didn't know when I got it), check the steering, check for leaks, and try to verify the AC works as well as heat. That's from my experience from my 2 XJs and my TJ. Good luck man, I hope it pans out for you.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.