JERSEY PEOPLE!!! Someone please educate me! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > JERSEY PEOPLE!!! Someone please educate me!

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 08-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
1slo_camaro
1998 ZJ 

Zj JERSEY PEOPLE!!! Someone please educate me!

i just got stationed here in Cape May, and for me to get my jeep tagged and all in Maryland itll run me almost 600 bucks but i only have to go through inspection once.

can someone please educate me on the process of getting tag and title and inspection and emissions here in NJ?

how much does it normally cost?
what do the inspect stations check?
how often do you have to get inspected?
what do tags run?
how often?

or even a link of where i can find the info please

1slo_camaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
hammerstien
2010 JK Wrangler 

It's been awhile for me cause everything was last done by the dealer. Just google MVC,motor vehicle commission new jersey. Where are you from?
hammerstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
1slo_camaro
1998 ZJ 

md
Unread 08-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
dennis461
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Good luck navigating the MV mess in NJ.
Most things are 2-year cycles or longer for license.
Make sure you get started BEFORE your MD license expires.

Inspection is an emmissions test only and if you have a 1996 or newer, it's a computer check.
There are a coupkle of years vehicles that get a stricter safety check but the inspectors aren't even aligned on those models.

http://www.nj.gov/mvc/Vehicle/moving_to_nj/index.htm

p.s. wave to me on my boat OK?

http://www.nj.gov/mvc/Vehicle/moving_to_nj/index.htm
dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
1slo_camaro
1998 ZJ 

im not switching my liscense. im keeping my MD liscense.

and wave to you on your boat??? if thats in reference to me being in the coast guard. you dont want me waving at you. being a gunners mate. i spend majority of a time with a gun in my hand and unfortunately im not out on a boat here it kinda really sucks
Unread 08-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
Tru2Chevy

1992 XJ Cherokee 

If you are in the service, I'm 99% sure you don't have to register your vehicles in NJ - you can keep the registration in your home state. If that is an option for you, I would definitely do that to avoid the mess that is the NJ MVC.

BTW, if you are looking for some Camaro / Firebird people to hang out with, check out www.njfboa.org. I go by the same username there.

- Justin

1996 Cherokee Classic - 3.5" lift / 31.0x10.5 Mastercraft Courser CTs / Warn XD9000i - Stripped for parts / junked :(

2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo - 4.7, bone stock - Wife's DD

NJ F-Body Owners Association
Tru2Chevy is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.