Hill & Hole Mud Racing NJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Hill & Hole Mud Racing NJ

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-14-2010, 05:22 AM   #1
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Hill & Hole Mud Racing NJ

Mud In The Pines New Egypt Speedway, New Egypt,NJ, 5/23/10 12pm

As most of you know, April 25Th was supposed to be our season open but the event got "rained out". We did not have a open weekend to reschedule the race so we are just moving it to May 23rd.
Looks as if we are going to have a pretty good turn out. Now that the pits has the hills in and has been completely redone alot of people are interested in trying it out. Trucks with decent motors and fearless drivers will definitely be catching some air, however the hills are not ramps that will send you soaring straight into the air. the mud should be nice too. We have a new silty clay that we are mixing to be a little thicker than pancake batter closer to a concrete mortar. The first hole will be 12" deep the second 24" deep and the third 36" deep. The bottom and hills have been made out of a different material and have been packed down tremendously. So when/if you get stuck it will not be because of your axles getting hung up on ruts, it will be because you cant grab traction to push the crap out of the way.
We will also have our fast track open. This is a bloomsburg style flat track 160 ft dirt dragstrip basically. this where you'll see alot of rails running. I got quite a bit of guys coming down from New York state and even some Blower cars from PA
The Beater car racing is new type of racing that I'm hoping will take off. Basically get a junk car or truck that drives and race side by side elimination style down a dirt track with 2 hills in it, loop around a tire at the end and come back to the starting line and this will be the finish. First one across the line wins. First place takes the pot. I have a couple junkyards allowing people to borrow cars and even having a towing company (XL towing) coming to bring a couple cars and take them out. These will be raffled to the fans so they get a chance at being in the spot light
For the kids Danny Durr will have Signature Pats old School Bus giving "Monster Bus rides".
There will be a video crew there taping from different angles and combining our footage with Du-Quoin Illinois and Marion South Carolina footage to submit into the Speed Chaneel for a possible Weekly show coming up.

Gates open at 8:30AM for the trucks and 11:00 for the fans. $15 to spectate. All classes will be 100% payback of entry fees. split among the top three guys if more than 5 trucks.

check MUD IN THE PINES for more info or call me (856)-207-0816

mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 05:49 AM   #2
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

This looks awesome!
MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 06:04 AM   #3
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

take a ride up. Our September event should be the big one. We have a few guys that travel up from Maryland on a monthly basis.
heres a video of what Hill and Hole mud racing is about. (of course this shows the most extreme, and yes Darryl is bringing this truck up in September)
YouTube - Darryl Jones and Scooby Doo

(let me know if this link works for you)
Unread 05-14-2010, 06:07 AM   #4
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

The link works fine I think but Im on a DoD computer so I cant view video... Ill check it when I get home... Im thinking about getting our crew together and coming up there... I know Im off but the rest of the bunch may not be. Is the event just a one day thing? Can we camp for the night then leave in the morning?
Unread 05-14-2010, 06:12 AM   #5
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Yeah you can camp. you just have to let me or New Egypt Speedway know before hand. the track is right by Fort Dix, if your'e familiar with it, so we do get quite a bit of soldiers in the stands. The other thing to keep in mind is that we are located in the Pine Barrens and have a ton of trails to explore pretty locally. As of now our events are only one day (Sundays). Saturday nights are regular dirt track oval racing for more info on that check out
New Egypt Speedway - Thunder in the Pines
Unread 05-14-2010, 06:14 AM   #6
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Also the saturday before the event is New Jersey Jeep Associations Meet and Great with a obstacle course, this is located about 30 mins from the track.
Unread 05-14-2010, 06:56 AM   #7
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thats awesome! I love dirt track! My bro in law races Super late model in GA (where Im originally from). Ive heard a lot of the guys from JK owners talk about being up there in the pine Barrens. Unfortunately Im only off the 23-25th so I wouldnt be able to make the meet and greet. Ill let you know about the camping asap though so Ima see if I can get some guys together for this. Thanks for the info, you have been helpful.
Unread 05-14-2010, 07:12 AM   #8
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Thank you. I'm on JKowners as well. The mud racing thing is my newest hobby but my roots come from the trails in the Pines.
Unread 05-14-2010, 07:17 AM   #9
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Oh ok cool! Well I have the same user name on there too, have probably seen ya on there. I mainly keep it on here for the most part just cause I know the forum and the people.... And I hate how you have to go back and physically look up every thread in there instead of just clicking "replies" lol... Lazyness is a disease...
Unread 05-14-2010, 07:24 AM   #10
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboy View Post
Also the saturday before the event is New Jersey Jeep Associations Meet and Great with a obstacle course, this is located about 30 mins from the track.
Just made a thread for this dave. Ill try to come out to your event.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #11
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Looks like Im down for the Camping!!! So all I need to do to camp is tell you on here? No fee or nothing?
Unread 05-14-2010, 01:31 PM   #12
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

yep, you can camp right at the track.
I just have to notify security. New Egypt Speedway has some rules on camping since there are houses around. either give me a call or sign onto their site. I'll be signed back on to this site come Monday.
Unread 05-14-2010, 01:34 PM   #13
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

I looked at their site, no campfires looked like the only rule. And then it says self contained and I dont know what that means.... Ill be camping saturday night and not sunday night if thats fine btw.
Unread 05-14-2010, 01:35 PM   #14
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

lol yep. or self contained or something.
Unread 05-20-2010, 01:53 AM   #15
youm0nt
2001 WJ 

Wow this is pretty sweet but I have some questions. Do i need a helmet and roll collar for flat track-hot street class? And do I need a rear tow point?
youm0nt is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.