Help save temple athletics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Help save temple athletics

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #1
Breehill
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Help save temple athletics

THE SHORT: Hey guys, most of you have probably seen it in the news but temple university has cut 7 D1 sports team to try and save 3 million a year of their 44 million a year budget.

If any of you will please sign these petitions it will really mean a lot to me (see below..the long)

Rowing- http://www.thepetitionsite.com/728/2...-rowing-teams/

Temple athletics- http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takea...394/537/?taf=1

Thank you,
Brian Reehill Temple Graduate

THE LONG:
I graduated from temple...twice. undergrad in 2012 and grad school in 2013. I was also a member of the rowing team for all 4 yers of undergrad and was captain my senior year. The only reason i chose temple was to row for them (i went to a very good HS and could of rowed for almost any school but chose temple)
when people ask me how it was rowing in college i would always respond "Id do it all over agin if i was given the chance" i miss waking up at 5:23 to catch the 5:45 bus to the river, miss rowing on mornings when it was in the teens, miss the cafeteria shenanigans after practice, miss running to make it to 9am class on time...still in my soaking wet spandex, miss going right from class to the weight room for afternoon work out, miss racing, but most of all i miss my FAMILY

i want the upcoming kids to have the opportunity i had to experience all that joy for themselves. It shouldn’t be up to some Indiana University CFO to come to my house and take away everything i miss most

I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

again, thank you

Breehill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2013, 06:01 AM   #2
Monkeybomber
2013 JK Wrangler 

Signed. I rowed at Lehigh for 4 years from '08 to '12 and rowed in high school as well. We raced against you guys a decent amount (though i wouldn't say it was really a competition- you guys blew us away). Our freshmen men's coach (James Harding) actually came from Temple. Best of luck man with the petition- it'd be a shame to lose you guys.
Monkeybomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2013, 06:19 AM   #3
Breehill
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeybomber
Signed. I rowed at Lehigh for 4 years from '08 to '12 and rowed in high school as well. We raced against you guys a decent amount (though i wouldn't say it was really a competition- you guys blew us away). Our freshmen men's coach (James Harding) actually came from Temple. Best of luck man with the petition- it'd be a shame to lose you guys.
Thank you. I really appreciate it. I went to Holy Spirit high school so I know two people that were on the team when you were there The midget cox(jack,his brother was my stroke in HS too) and a women's rower Katie S.

Again thank you i can't express it enough. USRowing is even helping us out by spreading the word
Breehill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.