Good South or Central NJ Club?????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Good South or Central NJ Club??????

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 02-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
gtimms

Good South or Central NJ Club??????

OK - I don't want to start a flame thread with this, nor am I asking anyone to put another club down, please don't!

Just considering looking to join a club. I Would like to meet some members before I would commit to a certain club. They might not like me or vice versa. But not sure you can just show up at a meeting if your not a member? What do they do with my $50 or $40 bucks? Is it worth it? Or am I just paying for friends & someone's Christmas Party?

gtimms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
chadcmh

gotmudcnj4x4.org doesnt cost to join
chadcmh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2011, 11:46 PM   #3
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

NJJEEP.ORG

Allow non members to our meetings.

Check it out.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2011, 05:38 AM   #4
Jeepin_Dad
I Like TATAs
2007 JK Wrangler 

Grass Roots Jeep Club. I have attended their "Jeeps in the Vineyard" show the last two years and they have helped support the Topless for Tata's Charity Ride at Rausch Creek the last couple of years. The club president is a member on JF, his user name is HamiltonLJ
Unread 02-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
gtimms

Thanks for the info guys! I've seen Grass Roots & NJJA around. Just felt odd showing up at someone elses meeting not knowing anyone. Didnt know if that was OK. Free clubs are good too!
Unread 02-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #6
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtimms View Post
Thanks for the info guys! I've seen Grass Roots & NJJA around. Just felt odd showing up at someone elses meeting not knowing anyone. Didnt know if that was OK. Free clubs are good too!
We have a meeting tomorrow night. Wednesday Feb 9th 7:30 PM at Lucas Jeep on rt 38 in Lumberton, NJ We will also be meeting before hand for dinner at Bobby D's at 6pm. http://www.bobbydsrestaurant.com/ Everyone is always welcome to come and check us out.
The #1 cost for our club goes to insurance. This way we are all all protected in case something goes wrong and a club event. Not sure if any other club has anything like that. We are also an actual non-profit organization registered with the State of NJ so everything is legit. The $40 it costs to join goes toward running the website www.njjeep.org ,paying for the insurance, or other club property, RTI ramp, club grille, etc The $40 you pay would be covered by just one purchase of a product by using the discount you get with one of our vendors/sponsors. Feel free to sign up on our forum and if you have any other questions just ask!
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #7
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

well said ryan!
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 03:40 PM   #8
gtimms

Thanks for the info on the meeting! I have to work tonight, so thats out, but I might just make the next one!
Unread 02-09-2011, 03:59 PM   #9
4x4sam4x4
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I would love to join a club but i feel weird not knowing anyone or how hard they wheel, my jeeps my daily driver I love wheelin but i dont go in anything too deep that i dont think i can get out of. I see most clubs require certain mods. ( i dont have a winch)
4x4sam4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #10
njjeepthing
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4sam4x4 View Post
I would love to join a club but i feel weird not knowing anyone or how hard they wheel, my jeeps my daily driver I love wheelin but i dont go in anything too deep that i dont think i can get out of. I see most clubs require certain mods. ( i dont have a winch)
How do you think we all started, we didn't know each other either! Don't worry about not knowing anyone, pick a club you feel the most comfortable with and go from there. I suggest going to a couple meetings or events held by the different clubs in the area and pick the one that fits you. Don't be afraid of not having the right "mods", we at NJJA make sure that there is something for everyone from stock to modded. In fact the club's members only run this coming weekend you don't even need 4 wheel drive!
njjeepthing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2011, 02:57 PM   #11
dauster500
1987 YJ Wrangler 

You know it

Gotmudcnj4x4.org
dauster500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.