Good campground in north/central jersey? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Good campground in north/central jersey?

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 08-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
sevenscrew
1997 ZJ 

Good campground in north/central jersey?

Looking for a campsite to go to late next month once i have my license. I'll be 17 so some of these sites require guardians. im open to suggestions, and ill call myself to see if I can camp there with a parent reserving it with a credit card. my parents aren't going though i just thought itd be cool to take the jeep camping on my own for once!!

im open to anything on the delaware, or anything within 20 minutes of the shore(seaside area). also considering anything with a nice lake. i dont mind if there is loud people.

thanks!

in the works: lp30 + 8.8 build to 4.88s + wj swap
sevenscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Our Jeep club goes to Worthington State Forest ever spring: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandf...rthington.html Really nice area to camp at.
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
SHOWTIMERAY

I just went to Stokes state forest. Had a blast with the girlfriend..

Took the jeep off road thru some trails that I found GPS mapping on from another member here.

I rented a cabin which was great cause I'm not in to sleeping outdoors. Not saying that I wont try it...

We tried to go down the Delaware on a raft, but it didn't work out to well. I'll attribute that to poor planning..

The off road trails were decent, for a first timer!

I'd like to go back again in a few weeks, and experience it again. This time with the family and plenty of bug spray..

They also have tent sites at Stokes!

Enjoy yourself...

Ray
SHOWTIMERAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 05:43 AM   #4
sevenscrew
1997 ZJ 

Thanks ray I found a place called dingmans campground it's maybe 5 mins from stokes so I can offload when were bored ! Haha

in the works: lp30 + 8.8 build to 4.88s + wj swap
sevenscrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.