First time at Wharton - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > First time at Wharton

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #1
bsteeves86
2009 JK Wrangler 

First time at Wharton

Been doing a decent amount of research about Wharton but haven't been able to find a good route for a beginner in a stock JK.

I wish I knew about this place when attending rutgers, oh well.

Anyway, does anyone have any general starting and exit points or general trail directions for a newb like myself?

Thanks in advance!

bsteeves86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2014, 07:50 AM   #2
Breehill
2004 LJ Wrangler 

best bet is to tag along with someone, there are a few of us out there two or three times a month so your bound to link up with someone. Im heading out this Thursday during the day if you are off/free. The killer with warton is that there are a ton of water holes and you need to know what ones you can try and what ones to go around.

that said my stock lj on 31s did great in there until I started to modify it
Breehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2014, 08:58 PM   #3
Jrdchiropractic
2009 JK Wrangler 

Start at Atsion ranger station. Grab their trail map(-although it doesn't help much). Have a gps or phone w GPS/maps and a full tank of gas. I ran around there about 3-4 hours. We hit some really tight trails with some of those deep water holes, but made I out no prob. There wasn't much rain leading up to our ride. Go w at least 1 other jeep and a tow strap. I have a winch, so I tend to ride alone (dumb idea).

(0|||||||0)
Jrdchiropractic is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.