DWG/Stokes yesterday - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > DWG/Stokes yesterday

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 12-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
Badfish740

DWG/Stokes yesterday

I took a buddy up to the Gap/Stokes yesterday to do a little exploring. It was a good time to be there because with the cold rain it seemed like we had the whole place to ourselves. We checked out Crater Lake which I hadn't been to since it was closed due to damage from Irene. The road is in much better shape than it was before the storm. Without revealing too much we found some really good trails where Stokes and the Gap property meet. We passed some signs along the trail that we took that said "No Fires No Camping Stay on Established Roads," so the road did seem legal. There were some pretty steep hillclimbs that had been recently traveled as evidenced by fresh tracks, so the area is not a secret by any means, but still, I don't like broadcasting spots on open forums. I didn't get any really great pictures because it was raining pretty hard at times, but I'll post some up soon. The point is, if you're willing to explore and do your homework, you can find some good trails. There was a lot of challenging stuff that I passed up since we only had one vehicle-I really need to get a winch.

Badfish740 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.