Dirtbiking in Wharton? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Dirtbiking in Wharton?

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 03-08-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
HighFive
1981 CJ5 

Dirtbiking in Wharton?

Just a quick question. The season is coming and finally want to get out riding. Are non-street leagal dirtbikes legal in Wharton? We have a Xr 250l Enduro, Cr 125, and Xr 100. I think Enduro's are allowed but don't know about my 2 stroke or my brothers xr 100. Thanks in advance!

Unread 03-09-2010, 08:38 AM   #2
nj95yj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i thnk the enduro's have to be registered and tagged
Unread 03-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
XJNUTTIER
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj95yj View Post
i thnk the enduro's have to be registered and tagged
Yeah I was gonna say the same thing, I beleive to ride public lans as such, you have to have the reg and insurance on them.. I run my quads around the mountain, at mom's house where ia grew up. I never even transfered the title.. LOL But yeah it will ocst you a few bucks to get the proper docs in order to do so.
XJNUTTIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
JEEP_GREEN_4DR
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
Just a quick question. The season is coming and finally want to get out riding. Are non-street leagal dirtbikes legal in Wharton? We have a Xr 250l Enduro, Cr 125, and Xr 100. I think Enduro's are allowed but don't know about my 2 stroke or my brothers xr 100. Thanks in advance!
Because the trails are actually named roads, you need to have the bikes registered and titled appropriately, just like you would if you were driving them down US 206.
JEEP_GREEN_4DR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 02:52 PM   #5
HighFive
1981 CJ5 

I asked cause i saw some vids on youtube of people riding quads and like crf's and 2 strokes. And obviously you can't register a 2 stroke dirtbike or a quad. So how come they can ride? Maybe they were riding in the pine barrens and not neccisarily Wharton?
Unread 03-09-2010, 03:01 PM   #6
gotmudnj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

to ride in wharton or any trail deemed a road in south jerey it has to be register insured and inspected. if you get caught they can impounded them and fine u or just give u fines. happened to many people i know. one kids jeep was not inspected up to date n got a ticket for it and few others had dirtbikes taht got tickets. another time a few other kids i know got their bikes impounded so.
Unread 03-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #7
JEEP_GREEN_4DR
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
I asked cause i saw some vids on youtube of people riding quads and like crf's and 2 strokes. And obviously you can't register a 2 stroke dirtbike or a quad. So how come they can ride? Maybe they were riding in the pine barrens and not neccisarily Wharton?
Could be that they just don't give a ***** about the law
JEEP_GREEN_4DR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 04:04 PM   #8
blackblazer92
1989 XJ Cherokee 

any 2 stroke race bikes you see back there arent legal. if you know the woods and know how to ride you will never get caught though. i dont believe wharton is patrolled by bike just suv. i still wouldnt do it though, the offroad community doesnt need anymore trouble than it already has. wharton is one of the good, legal places for us to go in jersey i would hate for it to get closed to traffic
project build thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/my-new-cherokee-project-590872/
blackblazer92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #9
HighFive
1981 CJ5 

Thanks for the reply's. Anyone know where to ride in Jersey? Like trails? We used to ride in back of our old campground, Scrubbie Pines, well now Long Beach Resort, but i think they closed it off?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.