Custom cut glass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Custom cut glass

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 11-16-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Custom cut glass

Anyone know of a place that cuts and installs glass in Central, NJ? All Im finding is installers/suppliers of factory vehicle glass. Im looking to have a custom piece of safety glass cut for my buggy. Similar to below, thanks.

CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
Budasac
2005 WK 

I know a guy who has a shop near mine(Bound Brook) that does all kinds of glass work. It's a small shop, just two guys and the owner has been there for at least 30 years. I'll stop by and ask if they can do that. Anything specific? Or just ask if they do custom cut safety glass?
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2011, 06:16 AM   #3
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Yea that would be awesome, otherwise I could call them if you know there phone#. Bound Brook isn't far for me at all. Yea I pretty much want to install a windshield in my sandrail, just needs to be safety glass, thanks let me know.
Unread 11-17-2011, 07:09 AM   #4
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Why are you looking at glass and not lexan??? If you ride with other buggies or quads, you may not like the glas, saftey or not. I used chicken wire on mine as a windsheild, Kept branches out of my face
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Thanks Buda, I called Bart's. Im going to build a frame so they can make a piece for me. Mudboy, my brother's has lexan, and it is all scratched to chit..It doesn't last long and gets harder to see thru. The chicken wire would probably make my eyes bug out.
Unread 11-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #6
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ROB View Post
Thanks Buda, I called Bart's. Im going to build a frame so they can make a piece for me. Mudboy, my brother's has lexan, and it is all scratched to chit..It doesn't last long and gets harder to see thru. The chicken wire would probably make my eyes bug out.
lol, it took a while for me to used to but I liked it. I had the whole lower part of the chassis wrapped with military canvis and had the chicken wire which I spray painted black, it looked pretty nasty. I really miss my buggies. I'd love to have my old manx back.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2011, 08:34 AM   #7
Budasac
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ROB View Post
Yeah, that's who I was talking about. I just drove by there this morning but they were closed. I was thinking about ya though. Glad they can help you. Tony and Sammy are nice guys.
Budasac is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.