Central jersey work request... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Central jersey work request...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 05-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
ray022085
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Central jersey work request...

so, my friend had the idea of posting the work i need done on my jeep. i figured i'd give it a shot, so here's what going on...

i had all the bolts that hold up the drivers side of the trans plate pulled out, i realized the first one was going while i was at school, and today while i was driving the remainder pulled out. the bolts did not snap, they literally got pulled pulled out of the frame so while i was driving the trans plate started hitting the highway. i need this whole section welded up with new bolts put in. if anyone knows of any good shops in the area let me know. my area code is 08807, it's where 287 and 78 meet. thanks for reading guys.
PEACE

ray022085 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
Burnerman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You need to buy these first>>ART-99L - Autorust Driver Side Center Skid Plate Mount Section for 87-95 Jeep® Wrangler YJ - Quadratec They make one for each side.
Make sure there's good frame to weld them to. Better go over every inch of the frame and find the rest of the bad spots, if any.
Unread 05-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
SteveJcoYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnerman View Post
You need to buy these first>>ART-99L - Autorust Driver Side Center Skid Plate Mount Section for 87-95 Jeep® Wrangler YJ - Quadratec They make one for each side.
Make sure there's good frame to weld them to. Better go over every inch of the frame and find the rest of the bad spots, if any.
i did the same thing, except i just used some steel stock i had laying around and nuts to make my own pieces
SteveJcoYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2010, 09:47 PM   #4
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

You might wanna post this in your area of the Wheeling Neighborhood section of this BB as well.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2010, 09:49 PM   #5
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

I also suggest posting up detailed pics of the exact area in need of repair.

Joe, I tried to decide if this should be moved to that area or leave it here. Think it can live here for now.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #6
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Yea, folks may not see it there & he is asking for tech assistance.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #7
ray022085
1993 YJ Wrangler 

so how do i move this thread and where is it going? i'll post pictures once i move it. but thanks for the advice so far.
Unread 05-02-2010, 05:05 PM   #8
ray022085
1993 YJ Wrangler 

ok, so here are some pictures

Unread 05-02-2010, 05:05 PM   #9
ray022085
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i realized the other side is starting to rust out as well, so that'll have to be done soon. and yeah i know about the body mounts, that's this summer's project... i want to put 1" on there
Unread 05-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #10
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

OK, now you need to get a screw driver or small hammer and start going around every inch of your frame, jabbing at it. Not just taps either, give it a good jolt to check for rot.

Don't bother getting it repaired if you need to replace the entire frame, know what I mean???

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #11
ray022085
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustywrangler View Post
OK, now you need to get a screw driver or small hammer and start going around every inch of your frame, jabbing at it. Not just taps either, give it a good jolt to check for rot.

Don't bother getting it repaired if you need to replace the entire frame, know what I mean???
yeah i know, i was actually going to do a complete replacement about a year and a half ago, but after looking of the rot it looked like it was just the front where the powersteering box is. i should have just gone for it... but hind-sight is always 20/20

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.