JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   New Jersey Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f360/)
-   -   Can anyone help me identify DW issue (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f360/can-anyone-help-me-identify-dw-issue-1523359/)

flexsaharatj 05-14-2013 04:01 PM

Can anyone help me identify DW issue

I'm in Rockland County by Mahwah NJ and can travel. i had DW and replaced a new Teraflex HD track bar, but now I have wobble when I hit a bump. Dealer said all is fine, wondering if anyone on here can help identify issues

thanks
Matt

larjeep 05-14-2013 04:11 PM

Did u replace pitman arm

flexsaharatj 05-14-2013 04:16 PM

Negative

XTRyan 05-15-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flexsaharatj (Post 15433233)
I'm in Rockland County by Mahwah NJ and can travel. i had DW and replaced a new Teraflex HD track bar, but now I have wobble when I hit a bump. Dealer said all is fine, wondering if anyone on here can help identify issues

thanks
Matt

Matt,

Other than the trackbar, what have you replaced on the Jeep? Are all your bolts tight and your bushings in good shape? It sounds to me like there may be something loose causing your bump steer.

-Zach

flexsaharatj 05-15-2013 10:24 AM

Zach

Just track bar. Shocks were swapped but that wouldn't do it. And the leveling kit was in and out

Someone on another forum mentioned bad ball joints

Ideas?

Thanks
Matt

MuddyJeepZJ 05-15-2013 12:17 PM

Make sure the track bar bolts are tight and the holes are not egged out. Have someone turn the wheel back and forth and check for movement under the Jeep in the steering components. What kind of Death Wobble are we talking about here? Do you have to pull over to the side of the road and stop to make it stop shaking? Does it only happen when you hit a bump?

flexsaharatj 05-15-2013 12:47 PM

Track bar bolts are torqued and tight, holes not egged (to the best of my knowledge) and replaced with 9/16 bolts. Death wobble occurred when I hit a bump 40-50mph full blown had to stop the jeep to make it stop shaking. After new SS, and track bar, now just a slight wobble but I believe the SS is just masking the DW.

Only happens with a bump

Jrdchiropractic 05-15-2013 09:34 PM

There's an offroad shop off 287 in Oakland nj. At least it was there when I lived in wanaque. Last I saw was about a year ago.

(0|||||||0)

flexsaharatj 05-15-2013 09:35 PM

thanks good to know!

XTRyan 05-16-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flexsaharatj (Post 15435466)
Zach

Just track bar. Shocks were swapped but that wouldn't do it. And the leveling kit was in and out

Someone on another forum mentioned bad ball joints

Ideas?

Thanks
Matt

Very well could be the ball joints. The ones on the JK's from the factory are notoriously weak. You'll want to jack the front end up and grab the tires and try to move them up and down If you get any play in them, then they probably need replaced.

Let me know if this is the issue, if it's not I can give you a few more ideas.

-ZAch

The time now is 09:07 PM.