blue hole winslow,nj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > blue hole winslow,nj

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements

Unread 02-23-2010, 06:26 AM   #1
kscubb
1998 XJ Cherokee 

blue hole winslow,nj

i'm trying to figure out how to get to the blue hole in winslow,nj. I've seen some pics and i'm just looking to go cruise around and check it out.

2010 JK Unlimited Sahara
kscubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 09:44 AM   #2
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

It's off Piney Hollow Road, south of the Atlantic City Expressway. If you're heading south on Piney Hollow, go past the powerline cut, about another mile down, you'll see a big white building behind some trees on your right - it's the next right - a dirt road heading west.
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
BlackBellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Is it legal, It sounds like its around Wharton.

If you want someone to check it out with ya, Im game after 2pm on almost any sat or and some sundays.
Unread 02-24-2010, 08:53 AM   #4
myersports
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Any one up for going this weekend? Looks like it is in a Wildlife are and I believe legal to drive the trails there.
myersports is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myersports View Post
Any one up for going this weekend? Looks like it is in a Wildlife are and I believe legal to drive the trails there.
Be very very careful. That entire area is part of the Winslow Wildlife Management Area and you will be given a $1000 fine and they will impound your vehicle if they catch you (it's even worse for unregistered vehicles such as ATVs). The WMA rules specifically say "All motor vehicles are restricted to established public roads and parking areas.". I would check with the Bureau of Land Management (609-984-0547) - tell them specifically where you're going and if it's permitted. It's hard to tell whether that dirt road is an "established public road" or not.
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
BlackBellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 12:04 PM   #6
myersports
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the # I did call them and the response was "if it is a well traveled vehical path and an auto can fit through it it is legal" I asked if that was for all of the wildlife areas and she said yes. so i guess it is still up for debate. Clear as mud
myersports is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 06:31 PM   #7
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Im rebuilding my front ds right now. If you guys want, maybe a run at atison next next weekend.
Unread 03-22-2010, 08:38 PM   #8
buccix5

thats the "clay hole" the real 'Blue hole"/ "devils bath tub" is also on piney hallow road but its before that road on the left. and it is perfectly legal to drive in both places i was back there talking to a game warden yesterday
buccix5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #9
MuckSavage
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Perfectly legal for a casual drive. It's right along the banks of the Great Egg Harbor River. Do you have a GPS? Shoot me a pm & I'll give ya coords
'81 CJ7; 258, T5, 3:73, locked F & R, Superwinch S9000, a Rusty mess.

'96 XJ Classic. Detours Backbone, Superwinch S9000,
Rusty's 2" BB, 31" General Grabber AT2's, Rusty's BPE, rear Power Trax No-Slip.

Just geocaching thru the Jersey Pines.
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #10
yellowjacket681
2002 TJ Wrangler 

anyone wanna go sometime??? im game
Unread 03-27-2010, 10:45 PM   #11
njfreekshow
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i thought the blue hole could only be accessed by ATV, and there are a few different blue hole look alikes. i only go off of what im told, i have road my quad back in that area of Pine Hallow Rd.
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:03 AM   #12
MuckSavage
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowjacket681 View Post
anyone wanna go sometime??? im game
Sure thing! Shoot me a pm & I'll give you my contact info.
'81 CJ7; 258, T5, 3:73, locked F & R, Superwinch S9000, a Rusty mess.

'96 XJ Classic. Detours Backbone, Superwinch S9000,
Rusty's 2" BB, 31" General Grabber AT2's, Rusty's BPE, rear Power Trax No-Slip.

Just geocaching thru the Jersey Pines.
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:52 AM   #13
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

heres the deal there are two "blue holes" within about a mile from one another. The one is the legendary "blue hole" featured in Weird NJ, and there is the sand quarry that the locals call blue hole as well. The sand quarry you can only legally drive down the the main path that ends at the Great Egg Harbor River. If you go off to the right and drive down close to the quarry you are risking fines. The legendary "blue hole" is just a small pond, nothing really special. there are some good trail in that whole area however as mentioned both "Blue Holes" are located within Winslow Wildlife Management Area. I would also try getting what was told to you in a email so you can print it and bring it along. If a Conservation officer is having a bad day or doesn't like muddy jeeps you could still be facing tickets. Yes you could probably beat them in court but that is a day off of work and at least $35 court cost. After being in quite a few legal situations I have realized it could have been the governor that told you could go do something, vocal approvals just don't hold up. ON paper however is a whole other situation.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 09:08 AM   #14
Onabudget3g
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Or try the atco ghost than go wheeling all in the same spot
Onabudget3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 09:21 AM   #15
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

lol Atco Ghost. Growing up about a mile away from there we definately played some games there. Just watch out for the Police they have been cracking down on the ghost hunters lmao. Great wheeling all in the same vincinity though. if you come in from burnt mill road and it turns into dirt and go to your second right hand turn (about 2 miles into the woods) theres some nice holes back there. then if you come back to Burnt Mill and go back the way you came and make your first right then your second right that will take you to the powerlines which is loaded with all good holes, then if you make a left on the powerlines and your first right by the 2nd tower all good holes in there. instead of making a left at the powerlines and you make a right that will take you to the loop. These are all places I'd rather play at instaed of 1/4 mile anyways.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.