Beaches to Ride/camp - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Beaches to Ride/camp

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
stovemonkey

Beaches to Ride/camp

Yo, I was wondering if there are any beaches in NJ that allow primitive camping and that you are allowed to ride jeep on. Are there any places that allow both or just riding on the beach? I appreciate all the info, thanks.

stovemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.njbba.org/beach-access.html
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #3
gcan
2008 JK Wrangler 

that sounds awesome, I'm totally in! But (and maybe I scrolled to fast), I didn't see any place saying you could camp?
driving along in perfectly flat sand... well... I've been to the pine barrens lol.

Although I'd be totally up for a weekend trip someplace I can camp on the beach...
gcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
hammerstien
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcan
that sounds awesome, I'm totally in! But (and maybe I scrolled to fast), I didn't see any place saying you could camp?
driving along in perfectly flat sand... well... I've been to the pine barrens lol.

Although I'd be totally up for a weekend trip someplace I can camp on the beach...
I have a pass for island beach. Doesn't mention camping but I've seen campers on the beach. You have to be fishing if your driving in and if your fishing you can stay all night. Just not sure if you can set up an actual tent
hammerstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
YourMadMan

island beach state park is cool ranger dont bother you
YourMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
hammerstien
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourMadMan
island beach state park is cool ranger dont bother you
Have you ever camped there? I read that you can't have fires either but I've seen Bon fires on the beach too.
We should get a bunch of rigs together n head down there. Bar bq n do some fishing. Get a nice setup with a bunch of people. Maybe on the fall when the water cools off and the fish come back
Unread 08-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
YourMadMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerstien View Post
Have you ever camped there? I read that you can't have fires either but I've seen Bon fires on the beach too.
We should get a bunch of rigs together n head down there. Bar bq n do some fishing. Get a nice setup with a bunch of people. Maybe on the fall when the water cools off and the fish come back
you can have fires and set up tents the wind blows hard and you need a good tent it cost 195.00 for a pass that runs from Jan to Dec
Unread 08-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #8
hammerstien
2010 JK Wrangler 

Yea I have a year pass for fishing but there's no fish out there right now. Good to know though.
Unread 08-15-2012, 02:26 PM   #9
sevenscrew
1997 ZJ 

think you can have fires at island beach but it has to be a certain amount of feet from the dunes.
sevenscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #10
hammerstien
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenscrew
think you can have fires at island beach but it has to be a certain amount of feet from the dunes.
What do you do with the ashes ect when you're done?
Unread 08-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #11
stovemonkey

Def have to check out island beach. Do they offer any other permits aside from a yearly permit to be on beach. Def down to get a line in at some point in fall. Did some light tackle tarpon fishing in fl this year but havent had time to get a line in the water.
stovemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #12
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovemonkey View Post
Def have to check out island beach. Do they offer any other permits aside from a yearly permit to be on beach. Def down to get a line in at some point in fall. Did some light tackle tarpon fishing in fl this year but havent had time to get a line in the water.
Did you read what I posted?

ISLAND BEACH STATE PARK:

Dates of operation: From weekend of May 16 to first Sunday in October, buggy operation is limited to Gillikens and the area from A-7 south. The park is closed from midnight to 4 AM, but beach buggy permit tees will be permitted to stay in the park 24 hours per day providing that during this period they actively fish or park in a designated location.
Permit fee: Yearly fee is $195 for buggy and driver payable by cash, personal check, or credit card. 72-hour buggy permit is $50, which includes driver. The total number of 72-hour permits will be limited to 50 at any one time and may not be renewed for more than one consecutive 72-hour period. $50 yearly fee for statewide state park pass is good for unlimited walk-on.
Permit obtained from: Gatehouse.
Beach access points: Areas of buggy operation include the area from Gilliken's south to the inlet. No buggy operation is allowed north of Gilliken's although walk-on fishermen may fish this area through specified access points. There are three marked access points to the beach. Gilliken's, A-7, and A-23 for buggies.
Parking lots available at: Parking is limited to two lots and no parking is allowed along the side of the main road. Walk on beach access points south of bathhouses have parking spaces.
Special comments: NJBBA Ocean to bay nature trail at Forked River Interpretive Center. Location of NJBBA sponsored Governor's Cup tournament the first Sunday in October. Don't miss!
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #13
hammerstien
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovemonkey
Check out this site for reports

http://bettyandnicks.com/
Unread 08-16-2012, 05:02 AM   #14
YourMadMan

Anyone going Sat?
Unread 08-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #15
hammerstien
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourMadMan
Anyone going Sat?
I'd like to go a little later in aug or early sept

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.