Anyone in south jersey? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Anyone in south jersey?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 10-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #46
Jrdchiropractic
2009 JK Wrangler 

I might be around. Ill check this thread again. I'm still mounting a rugged ridge snorkel. It's all done, just have to check my seals, button up the air box, and hang the fender.

(0|||||||0)

Jrdchiropractic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 05:24 AM   #47
Schepacarter

Hey guys. I'm new. Closer to the deptford area. I hear Wharton and Rausch creek are both good. Have any of you ever been to the atco power lines? And I don't have a jeep. I'm actually buying a bronco, but I needed to meet people to go out with before I go wheeling. I found out the hard way to never wheel alone.
Schepacarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #48
Jrdchiropractic
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schepacarter
Hey guys. I'm new. Closer to the deptford area. I hear Wharton and Rausch creek are both good. Have any of you ever been to the atco power lines? And I don't have a jeep. I'm actually buying a bronco, but I needed to meet people to go out with before I go wheeling. I found out the hard way to never wheel alone.
I'm in pitman. I've been to Wharton once, and Winslow wildlife management area a few times. Both legal. I'm actually trying to get to rausch creek in the next few weeks. Il post here when I get the date.

(0|||||||0)
Unread 10-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #49
Breehill
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrdchiropractic
I'm in pitman. I've been to Wharton once, and Winslow wildlife management area a few times. Both legal. I'm actually trying to get to rausch creek in the next few weeks. Il post here when I get the date. (0|||||||0)
There's a group Philly m going the end of the month. The 27th maybe.
Breehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #50
Schepacarter

Ok. If anyone wants to pm me their number, once I get my truck insured, I'll probably be down for wheeling whenever. So just let me know when you're going.
Unread 10-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #51
Breehill
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schepacarter View Post
Ok. If anyone wants to pm me their number, once I get my truck insured, I'll probably be down for wheeling whenever. So just let me know when you're going.
whenever your ready to head out just make a new thread with the location and the date.

I usually go to Wharton at least twice a month, your more than welcome to come next time i go. probably the 27th
Breehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #52
Schepacarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breehill View Post
whenever your ready to head out just make a new thread with the location and the date.

I usually go to Wharton at least twice a month, your more than welcome to come next time i go. probably the 27th

I'm going this Saturday. Are you?
Unread 10-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #53
Chefmix
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Wharton clean up

If you are going on the 27 th you may want to join in this effort.

12 Annual Pine Barrens Clean-UP
Come and take part in the largest one-day volunteer event at Wharton State Forest in New Jersey. On Oct 27th 2013 at 9:00 AM the 12th annual PINE BARRENS 4 WHEEL DRIVE CLEANUP will begin with a sign up at the Atsion Ranger Station (724 Route 206 Tabernacle NJ 08088)
[where raffle tickets will also be sold to help defray the cost of wings and to support toys for kids] and conclude with the raffle and wing fest at the Pic a Lilly restaurant on rt 206 [they always help us out too]

Last year men, women and children collected two 30 cubic yard dumpsters full of trash while making new friends and enjoying the wonders of the pines. While doing this they worked up a voracious appetite that was satiated by hundreds of wings donated by clubs, businesses and individuals. Everyone had a great time and said they couldn’t wait till next year.

We are now soliciting past participants, 4 wheel drive clubs and local and national business’ to contribute time and resources to make this year’s event another overwhelming success.

This as a great opportunity to showcase a partnership for keeping our state lands clean and our right to transverse them unhindered. The rangers and staff at Wharton have embraced us and lend their time and support to help us have a safe and fun time.
Chefmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #54
Jrdchiropractic
2009 JK Wrangler 

I'm making my first run to Rausch creek Sunday 11/10. Lets get a group together and head up. I'm looking for hills, rocky trails, a little mud but I'm not swamping the jeep (even w the snorkel). I'm running 32" with a winch. Otherwise stock JK. Looking to head up in the morning, wheel a half day and he's back. Post here or PM me.

(0|||||||0)
Unread 10-29-2013, 09:12 PM   #55
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So what does rauch creek really have I don't have anything fancy, I've got d35,33in mud tires, and a 4 inch lift, no heavy duty suspension or any kind of underbody armor...how screwed would I be?
Rican142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 06:47 AM   #56
Jrdchiropractic
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rican142
So what does rauch creek really have I don't have anything fancy, I've got d35,33in mud tires, and a 4 inch lift, no heavy duty suspension or any kind of underbody armor...how screwed would I be?
Your set up is about equal to mine. Hoping to hit some rocky trails and hills. Nothing too crazy, and I'm pretty sure there are go-arounds at most obstacles. I think I'm lining up 2 more jeeps as well.

(0|||||||0)
Unread 10-30-2013, 06:54 AM   #57
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hmm, we shall see lol
Rican142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #58
Rapajez
2014 JK Wrangler 

I've got a virgin 2014 JK: 33" "A/T" Tires, a winch, D-rings, and no lift/armor. You think it will cut it? I'd love to join you guys.

This would be my first wheeling experience, other than getting my old TJ lost in the Pine Barrens. We actually got chased by a swarm of bees while the top was down...and that's when things turned ugly...
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #59
Schepacarter

I have a stock 85 bronco on 33's. If I can get he trans cooler lines fixed by then, I'm definitely up for it. But I'll have to drive it home. So am I going to break something and bring someone to tow for me?
Unread 10-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #60
Jrdchiropractic
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapajez
I've got a virgin 2014 JK: 33" "A/T" Tires, a winch, D-rings, and no lift/armor. You think it will cut it? I'd love to join you guys.

This would be my first wheeling experience, other than getting my old TJ lost in the Pine Barrens. We actually got chased by a swarm of bees while the top was down...and that's when things turned ugly...
I'm looking at the green and some blue trails (easy and mid). With a few other jeeps I think you'd be good. There's go-arounds at many obstacles according to website. Anyone whose been there chime in

(0|||||||0)

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.