Any good beach spots or mudding spots? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Any good beach spots or mudding spots?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 11-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
BuddhaTJ

Any good beach spots or mudding spots?

I'm trying to go away to Atlantic city , NJ soon
Trying to see if there is any spots ?
Thanks

BuddhaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Wharton State Forest.

Go in the NJ thread
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The pine barrens have a lot of open space and have more sand than many beaches, Just watch out for the Jersey Devil.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
BuddhaTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadslram
The pine barrens have a lot of open space and have more sand than many beaches, Just watch out for the Jersey Devil.
Lol what's you mean by watch out for jersey devil
Unread 11-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaTJ

Whatever you do don't mention his name when you're in the pines
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2013, 07:18 AM   #6
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaTJ View Post
Never saw or know anyone who did but I have heard some serious weird noises when I camped out there as a kid.

Quote:
The Jersey Devil is a legendary creature or cryptid said to inhabit the Pine Barrens of Southern New Jersey, United States. The creature is often described as a flying biped with hooves, but there are many different variations. The common description is that of a kangaroo-like creature with the head of a goat, leathery bat-like wings, horns, small arms with clawed hands, cloven hooves and a forked tail. It has been reported to move quickly and often is described as emitting a "blood-curdling scream
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2013, 07:56 AM   #7
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Theres a ton of animals that make noises that dont sound ordinary for an animal. For instance racoons, squirrels, and foxes, all i can think of. All live in the pines and make very weird noises easily mistaken for human or "demon" noises lol.
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2013, 07:59 AM   #8
Kuntryboy816
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Wharton/Pine Barrens Trip end of June 2013....
picture-014.jpg  
Unread 11-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #9
BuddhaTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuntryboy816
Wharton/Pine Barrens Trip end of June 2013....
Very nice how about in December? By the way nice jeep
Unread 11-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #10
Monkeybomber
2013 JK Wrangler 

Would suggest posting in NJ wheeling forum, you might get people more knowledgeable about NJ wheeling that way...

Anyways, Wharton can be fun depending on how much rain the area has had recently. Lot of rain = big puddles. I've gotten stuck out there before, mostly because the sand is so soft that you'll just lose traction (with open difs) completely. If it's been dry, Wharton is just a very nice drive but it won't pose any real challenges to a jeep. You can also check out island beach state park for beach driving, but that's reasonably far north of AC.
Monkeybomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #11
Kuntryboy816
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks Buddha! I'm currently having the trans rebuilt b/c of that trip. I've never been to the Pine Barrens in winter but I'm not opposed to finding out. There's plenty of places to go that don't have to involve deep water holes. I'm modding the breather on my trans to ensure it doesn't flood again but I'll probably still avoid the deep puddles!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.