Any experience with Firestone in Freehold? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Any experience with Firestone in Freehold?

D.i.y. Ford 8.8 tj,xj,yjSavvy Aluminum BumpersSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 11-09-2013, 06:27 AM   #1
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

Any experience with Firestone in Freehold?

I'm always changing/playing with my suspension.... normally I drive back to Hamilton and have a buddy align my jeep at the shop i used to work at; but that's getting more challenging now as my family is growing and no longer having a 3rd vehicle.

Next month i'm going to be swapping my struts out and was thinking of giving the Firestone in Freehold a try. I know i'm going to need at least 3 alignments in the foreseeable future (swapping struts next month, installing superlift next spring/summer, modifying height of superlift to 6" before new tires)... so I would definitely get the "Lifetime Alignment" package.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this shop or knows some of the techs there.

Unread 11-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Go to Globex located just south of there on the Lakewood/Toms River border. They specialize in lifted Jeep Alignments. http://www.globexperformance.com/
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #3
sk1er18
2007 XK Commander 

Thanks. I'm very familiar with globex (was a member of njja too, just having trouble making meetings for the same reason its hard to find time to go back to my friends shop ) .... there's nothing special about the alignment though so no need to go to a special jeep shop (i've spent many hours under an alignment rack working on lifted vehicles; unfortunately i don't have an alignment rack in my garage and I no longer work as a tech).

In the next year or so I'll need 3 alignments; hence why im interested in Firestone's lifetime alignment program... i know i'll get my money's worth. However, having been in the business I know there are some shops that just don't want to deal with "lifted" vehicles (even though a superlifted XK/WK is easier to align than a stock one, but that's besides the point).

Keeping my fingers crossed that they're a "modified" friendly shop. If they're not, I'll just work the logistics and find a way get get back to my friends place.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.