alignment shop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > alignment shop

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 09-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
Fingers
2001 TJ Wrangler 

alignment shop

I am looking for a good alignment shop in south jersey in the woodbury area. I could do the alignment myself at work but I would rather pay someone that has the experience with lifted vehicles and that will adjust all 4 of my control arms. A guy I work with suggested jacks alignment in medford. Id like to find a place closer but I might just end up taking it there.

Unread 10-01-2012, 03:42 AM   #2
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Your average "alignment shop" will not be too excited about adjusting control arms. At best you would likely be charged the shop rate for a job that could very well take several hours.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
Fingers
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I know, i work for a car dealer. I can do it myself if I can find out what specs to set it at with the lift.
Unread 10-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #4
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

The rear should be adjusted to achieve the proper pinion angle. The correct angle depends on the type of driveshaft (double-cardan or single-cardan at the t-case). See Tom Woods web site for diagrams.

The front is a trade-off between pinion angle and caster. You cannot optimize both. I recommend 5 degrees positive caster. Any less and DW can become an issue.

If you take some measurements and do some triangle trigonometry then you can figure out how much to lengthen/shorten the control arms and avoid a trial-and-error procedure.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.