10/23 10th annual Pine Barrens cleanup - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > 10/23 10th annual Pine Barrens cleanup

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #1
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

10/23 10th annual Pine Barrens cleanup

10th ANNUAL PINE BARRENS CLEANUP at WHARTON STATE FOREST

10 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a DECADE!!!!!!!!

Come and take part in the largest one-day volunteer event at Wharton State Forest in New Jersey. On Oct 23rd 2011 at 9:00 AM the 10th annual PINE BARRENS 4 WHEEL DRIVE CLEANUP will begin with a sign up at the Atsion Ranger stations [where raffle tickets will also be sold to help defray the cost of wings and to support toys for kids] and conclude with the raffle and wing fest at the Pic a Lilly restaurant on rt 206 [they always help us out too]

Last year OVER 300 men, women and children collected two 30 cubic yard dumpsters full of trash while making new friends and enjoying the wonders of the pines. While doing this they worked up a voracious appetite that was satiated by hundreds of wings donated by clubs, businesses and individuals. Everyone had a great time and said they couldn’t wait till next year.

We are now soliciting past participants, 4 wheel drive clubs and local and national business’ to contribute time and resources to make this year’s event another overwhelming success.

This as a great opportunity to showcase a partnership for keeping our state lands clean and our right to transverse them unhindered. The rangers and staff at Wharton have embraced us and lend their time and support to help us have a safe and fun time. Terry at the ranger station has been a godsend to us and NOW MORE than ever the state of NJ park and forest system needs our help.

ALSO REMEMBER to bring toys for the disadvantaged kids who live where we wheel..

Last year we collected a lot of stuff for needy children for the holidays at the sign up spot at the Atsion ranger station and bought an additional 850 dollars worth of toys with the money YOU contributed!!!!!!!

Please be a part of this worthwhile event. Contact Michael Tarsia to see how your family, organization or business can contribute to this worthy cause.

Thank you in advance for your dedication to a beautiful, clean and accessible state forest system.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS ON YOUR LOCAL CLUB or MAGAZINE EVENT PAGE TO GET THE WORD OUT!

SEE YOU THERE!!!!!!!

MIKE TARSIA

LAST YEAR WE HAD A GOOD SHOWING OF MEMBERS. COME OUT FOR THE DAY TO SUPPORT A GOOD CAUSE AND HELP OUT THE KIDS AND THE ENVIRONMENT.

mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
gotmudnj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Me and my club will be there... We have been their before and it is a really nice event to do. The more we clean up our forest the longer it will last that we can travel through their..
Unread 08-30-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
Grimm5577
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This sounds great! I'll try to pass this around and get some more people.
Grimm5577 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-31-2011, 06:33 AM   #4
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Grimm, it's a great time. Lots of killer raffle prizes, usually free wings. I know you know alot of people in the performance world see if anyone of them would be interested in becoming a sponsor of the event.
Unread 08-31-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
Grimm5577
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Will do Mike. this sounds awesome!
Grimm5577 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2011, 10:25 AM   #6
gcan
2008 JK Wrangler 

great idea, never even heard of this before! is the ranger station the building at 206 and Atsion rd where you get the camping permits? Should we bring trash bags/ rakes/ pruners/ ect?
gcan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2011, 10:10 PM   #7
lilnapsak
1997 XJ Cherokee 

last years cleanup video

http://vimeo.com/17027520
lilnapsak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2011, 11:15 PM   #8
MuddyJeepZJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnapsak View Post
last years cleanup video

http://vimeo.com/17027520
Its funny you watch that video and right next to it is this one: http://vimeo.com/28284170 Which is basically destroying the pines.
New Jersey Jeep Association
MuddyJeepZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2011, 02:14 AM   #9
lilnapsak
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyJeepZJ View Post
Its funny you watch that video and right next to it is this one: http://vimeo.com/28284170 Which is basically destroying the pines.
i love that you decided to post that up knowing nature activists do check these threads and its pretty much giving them ammo against us if they find it. that video isnt as bad as the music makes it out to be anyways

i personally dont think tires digging holes or moving mud around is destroying the pines. no harm comes out of moving some dirt. the harm comes from garbage and idiots running over trees for no reason. there might be some frogs in the mud holes that get squished from time to time yeah.. but its the circle of life IMO. theres plenty of other holes/mud off the trails where nothing gets disturbed for these animals to thrive given a garbage/polution free environment.

until someone can show me solid evidance that moving some mud/dirt around is damaging to the eco systems and not just making the "tree huggers" mad do that they start preposterous rumors about the offroaders causing "damage", thats just how i feel about it.
Unread 09-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #10
dennis461
1991 XJ Cherokee 

You are wrong my friend

Quote:
i love that you decided to post that up knowing nature activists do check these threads and its pretty much giving them ammo against us if they find it. that video isnt as bad as the music makes it out to be anyways

i personally dont think tires digging holes or moving mud around is destroying the pines. no harm comes out of moving some dirt. the harm comes from garbage and idiots running over trees for no reason. there might be some frogs in the mud holes that get squished from time to time yeah.. but its the circle of life IMO. theres plenty of other holes/mud off the trails where nothing gets disturbed for these animals to thrive given a garbage/polution free environment.

until someone can show me solid evidance that moving some mud/dirt around is damaging to the eco systems and not just making the "tree huggers" mad do that they start preposterous rumors about the offroaders causing "damage", thats just how i feel about it.
1. Use the spell checker.
2. Moving dirt, erosion, land clearing for malls, horseback riding, hiking; call it what you want. It damages the ecosystem.
You can either admit it, or stay in the dark.
dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #11
lilnapsak
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis461 View Post
1. Use the spell checker.
2. Moving dirt, erosion, land clearing for malls, horseback riding, hiking; call it what you want. It damages the ecosystem.
You can either admit it, or stay in the dark.
1. your an awesome guy for pointing out i made 1 typo. good for you bro

2. erosion is natural. the earth is constantly changing and you have given no evidence as i said in my previous post to make me change my mind. horse back riding damages the eco system? i guess the deer and racoons that live in the pines or any other habitat for that matter damage their eco system by walking and running around the woods or doin whatever they do too right?

land clearing yes i understand, you are taking away massive amouts of land and putting potentially hazardess materials and or chemicals in the area, but im pretty sure there is no land being cleared for malls in the pine barrens considering its protected (nor will it get much bussiness out in the middle of nowhere )

the only thing i see as potentially dangerous to wheeling in the pine barrens is people being *******s by going off the path, people rutting out puddles on main roads traveled by locals daily and possiblity of leaking differant types of oils/chemicals into the area. something people should be prepared for if such thing were to happen.
Unread 09-06-2011, 05:35 AM   #12
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Alright if yall want to get all technical and what not, alot of the areas that we find to be fun have a layer of clay that helps retain water, over top of that clay is the black mud. These areas are where alot of endangered reptiles and amphibians like to breed. Once a tire breaks through the clay layer , which is usually only a couple of inches deep, the sand is exposed which cause the are to dry up in times that it shouldn't this makes the area uninhabitable for the amphibians. This what the greenies use against us and it wasd pretty damn easy to show this back at 1/4 mile. Bottom line is that this is a cleanup thread and the past few posts incl;uding this one shoiuld just be deleted so that way world war 4 doesn't start up such as world war 3 started last year at about this time.
Unread 09-06-2011, 05:37 AM   #13
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
land clearing yes i understand, you are taking away massive amouts of land and putting potentially hazardess materials and or chemicals in the area, but im pretty sure there is no land being cleared for malls in the pine barrens considering its protected (nor will it get much bussiness out in the middle of nowhere )
take a ride down rt 72 or wells mills road lately and do a comparison to 10 years ago? The pinelands commission can still be paid off basically.
Unread 09-09-2011, 12:30 AM   #14
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Reading this post, I know it's an awesome thing that you are trying to do. Recently, I was doing some volunteer clean up at a river and a beach.

On the other hand, I was cracking up watching the 2 video clips next to one another. It reminds me of one of my favorite comedy movies ever the first "Cannon Ball Run"

Cheers
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2011, 01:09 PM   #15
RootBreaker

im going to try and make it now.. my chevy will be legal again by then.... and take my kids...
RootBreaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.