who lives in CT - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Connecticut Jeep Forum > who lives in CT

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-01-2009, 07:02 PM   #106
ep191
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy14295 View Post
Hopefully I can attract enough attention quickly.

I'm gonna be up in Northwest CT (Kent) on Thursday and wanted to know if anyone had some good legal spots to just go play around in some snow? I do know of an old quarry down by Gaylordsville off of Rt 7. Thanks in advance.
I wouldn't go there very much if i were you guys, i know a couple people who have gotten in trouble/ticketed for being there. But on the other side you don't have to run over the gate, theres another way in where you don't have to cause damage.

BTW i live right next to there, im down to go wheeling.

ep191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2009, 07:09 PM   #107
DavidinHartford
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoman View Post
Simsbury, CT...id be surprised if anyone knows where that is lol
I know where that is. I can see the Heublein tower from my window here at Bradley Int'l.

I live in Hartford, work at Bradley.
Unread 02-02-2009, 03:20 AM   #108
dale88
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du510 View Post
Really now, what is the point in pissing anyone off in here? Especially a guy that works as hard as he does on our behalf.

Easy, it started off as a joke reply than he had to get mouthy with his reply. Some people i ride with told me to be careful about posting places on this site because some people rather cause hate and discontent in stead of just minding there own business by having cop waiting for them at the trail.. with his reply it made him sound like one of them . If hes not one of them im sorry but he should not have gotten so aggressive with his reply to a joke.

Last edited by dale88; 02-02-2009 at 04:25 AM..
dale88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2009, 04:16 AM   #109
dale88
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale88 View Post
Yea you drive over it .
Just to let people know -this was a joke I WAS JUST KIDDING lighten up.
Unread 02-03-2009, 04:37 AM   #110
ToxicTurtle

Lighten Up!!??
I have been working my a$$ off for probably longer than most of you have been alive trying to keep stuff open, nevermind the far cry chance of ever getting anything new.. only to see the "I don't give a crap" attitude all over the net, not just here.
They closed Nepaug due to environmental concerns... Can anyone here tell me what that really means? ILLEGAL wheeling. The state doesn't give a crap that the number of people out here who want to wheel has exploded over the last dozen years. The greenie groups, etc.. All of them working VERY hard to make sure that we don't get to wheel. I worked very hard to keep that from happening, but not too many other people seem to care so I finally said screw it, I'm outta here.
Sorry for the rampage of piss and vinager.. its 23 years of pent up anger pouring out onto your sorry heads. And guess what ? I AM one of those a$$holes who will report your sorry butts in a second if I see an illegal run getting planned.

Once you've done half of what myself and a handful of others have done you'll have the right to say lighten up. Until then, sit back and let those others work and when they finish, you can go and enjoy their progress.. or, put your money where your mouth is and join a club, write letters, attend meetings, do clean-ups, Food Drives, help cut trails on club private property, etc.

Talk soon,

Burned out Land Use guru....
ToxicTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 05:22 AM   #111
moparjoe
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've paid,when is the next meeting with the state?....Maybe we can get a bunch of Jeeps together with our families and go to the state capital,and show our law makers how many of us there are.....Inform us when all these meetings and trail clean ups are.....Some of the clubs are not that organized,they only inform a selected few......Talk to us, inform us when the meeting are,I'm sure most of us will help out when we can. Even if there not in a club.
moparjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #112
dale88
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicTurtle View Post
Lighten Up!!??
I have been working my a$$ off for probably longer than most of you have been alive trying to keep stuff open, nevermind the far cry chance of ever getting anything new.. only to see the "I don't give a crap" attitude all over the net, not just here.
They closed Nepaug due to environmental concerns... Can anyone here tell me what that really means? ILLEGAL wheeling. The state doesn't give a crap that the number of people out here who want to wheel has exploded over the last dozen years. The greenie groups, etc.. All of them I under stand and apresate what you are trying to doworking VERY hard to make sure that we don't get to wheel. I worked very hard to keep that from happening, but not too many other people seem to care so I finally said screw it, I'm outta here.
Sorry for the rampage of piss and vinager.. its 23 years of pent up anger pouring out onto your sorry heads. And guess what ? I AM one of those a$$holes who will report your sorry butts in a second if I see an illegal run getting planned.

Once you've done half of what myself and a handful of others have done you'll have the right to say lighten up. Until then, sit back and let those others work and when they finish, you can go and enjoy their progress.. or, put your money where your mouth is and join a club, write letters, attend meetings, do clean-ups, Food Drives, help cut trails on club private property, etc.

Talk soon,
I understand and appreciate what your trying to do but don't blame fellow jeepers for what some green Peace groups are trying to do.When you lose your ability to see humor in things you cant live like you should not every thing is black and white bring some color in to your life .I don't have a "i don't give a crap attitude" there for I can see the funny of part of what i posted but would never do that my self no matter how much i would like to. By the way I am your age and have been the president of two different car clubs in the past and you do the best you can with what you have. Carry on with your quest and good luck
Unread 02-03-2009, 04:37 PM   #113
ToxicTurtle

I have stepped away from all of it..
However, I'll never turn away someone who is offering.

If you really are interested in helping out, you need to contact Aili McKeen, she's our CT Land Use rep
Here email is: defygravity@snet.net,

Or, you can get in touch with our region Chairman, Steve Alheim, (he's the Northeast Region Chair of EC4WDA.)
adktj@adirondackjeeps.com,

Thanx!

Burned out Land Use guru....
ToxicTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #114
EZEC
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ep191 View Post
Spend most of my time in New Milford, opposite of most of you guys.
i'm in new milford...but i'm stock right now there is a couple nasty xjs running around here though
EZEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #115
peddlerofpunk
2005 TJ Wrangler 

new guy in ct! just put a down payment on a 05 tj tonight, located in wolcott/southington ct.

PUNK ISNT DEAD
Red Jeep Club member #200
peddlerofpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2009, 06:39 PM   #116
moparjoe
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Bump
moparjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2009, 06:53 PM   #117
7slotgrills
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The NEA (www.nea4wd.org) has clubs in CT and places to wheel .Give them a look.
51 M100
7slotgrills is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #118
SpicyMchaggis
2005 LJ Wrangler 

New guy, I'm down in Norwalk.
SpicyMchaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2009, 03:48 PM   #119
XJmaniac
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i'm in norwalk too, not much happening down here
XJmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2009, 05:38 AM   #120
CT98XJ

new guy from watertown
CT98XJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.