who lives in CT - Page 59 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Connecticut Jeep Forum > who lives in CT

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 02-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #871
Jeep99wj
1999 WJ 

anyone know about bearsden/nipmuck forest up in union? its got some good trails

Jeep99wj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #872
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep99wj View Post
anyone know about bearsden/nipmuck forest up in union? its got some good trails
Yeah, I've been there a couple times. Seems to have some good trails. Theres a good chance its still closed for the season, though. I've been told its a big circle, but I didn't go all the way around. When you get to where you go left or right, I went right and it was kind of flooded down the trail a bit. Idk how deep it was cause I turned around (i was by myself). That and the trail was pretty tight. I'll probably try to do the whole loop this spring before everything gets overgrown, cause when I did it before I only had a 2" lift and 29's. I'm a little bit better equipped now lol.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #873
Jeep99wj
1999 WJ 

me an my buddie went right on that trail in his 2wd s10 lol ended up seeing a wall of water and turned around.and if you go left at that intersection it also brings you back to the road if you know the right trails to take. a bunch of us usally go up there an have fires an party lol its good times cant wait for this year once all this snow thaws
Jeep99wj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #874
PaulBreg
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyle713

Hey man, I work at the advance right in stafford. my name's kyle just don't get me confused with the other jeep guy that works there lol
I go in that advanced all the time. I'm from somers. You guys wheel around here?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
PaulBreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #875
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulBreg View Post
I go in that advanced all the time. I'm from somers. You guys wheel around here?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Only good place I know of is bear den, and breakneck rd. too but that place has some deeeeep water. Both are in union. Porter rd. in ellington isn't bad either. Haven't explored there very much, though. But what I saw wasn't bad.
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #876
jmr203

I'm from CT also. Very new to Jeep vehicles as I've mostly driven sports cars and econocruisers, haha. Any groups from Danbury area planning on a trail run?
jmr203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #877
XOFMOT
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'd be willing to join in with someone around Danbury as well...Do not have much Wheeling experience but willing to give it a go!!

1981 CJ7 Chevy 350, Trans Am Shaker Hood, stock suspension, 31" tires
XOFMOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #878
jmr203

Quote:
Originally Posted by XOFMOT View Post
I'd be willing to join in with someone around Danbury as well...Do not have much Wheeling experience but willing to give it a go!!
Cool, sounds good. Just need to find a few trails! If anyone knows of any around Danbury that aren't too advanced?
Unread 03-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #879
XOFMOT
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yea.. Any road in Danbury seems to be a trail with all the pot holes!! LOL

Unread 03-28-2013, 06:38 AM   #880
ozmanyyy

I think you pretty much have to join a club to get legal access to trails in CT and most of New England. At least, anything beyond a dirt road.

I recently joined one, but after the fact, I'm wondering if any of the runs they do are good for stock vehicles/beginners. We'll see how the year plays out.

On the other hand, I've been to Rausch Creek and that was a blast. I'll definitely do that more this year. Its a little bit of a haul, but not much more than trips to NH or VT would be.

Oz
ozmanyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #881
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

http://brassballsoffroad.forumchitchat.com/

Planning something for this weekend. All are welcome to join!
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #882
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandboost98 View Post
http://brassballsoffroad.forumchitchat.com/

Planning something for this weekend. All are welcome to join!
go on...
Unread 03-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #883
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
go on...
...Its free to join The forum itself isnt too active other than me and a few others in the off topic section. But when it gets warmer, we do plan off roading trips as well as get togethers and cook outs which we end up doing some sort of wheelin too lol Theres rigs from stock to rock crawlers so dont feel like you cant join in cause you or your jeep arent experienced enough. Its a great group of people willing to lend a hand and have a good time
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #884
XOFMOT
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Nice!!!

Unread 03-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #885
jmr203

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmanyyy View Post
I think you pretty much have to join a club to get legal access to trails in CT and most of New England. At least, anything beyond a dirt road.

I recently joined one, but after the fact, I'm wondering if any of the runs they do are good for stock vehicles/beginners. We'll see how the year plays out.

On the other hand, I've been to Rausch Creek and that was a blast. I'll definitely do that more this year. Its a little bit of a haul, but not much more than trips to NH or VT would be.

Oz
Nice, where's Rausch Creek?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.