who lives in CT - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Connecticut Jeep Forum > who lives in CT

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 12-17-2008, 12:27 PM   #61
95cherokeeSE
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Live in wolcott....work in southington....school in watertown....Sienna XJ

2011 Vw golf TDI 10k miles,6-speed manual,2.0 Turbo diesel,White
95cherokeeSE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2008, 06:10 PM   #62
moparjoe
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale88 View Post
me to but watch the weather could be a big snow storm
Hey Dale 88,after you left,that road we went down got real hilly and there was a nice water crossing,all of us got stuck,good thing for the winch,we didn't get back till about 5:30 .It was a good day snowing and freezing rain.
moparjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2008, 04:07 PM   #63
moparjoe
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone up for a road trip on Sunday?To break in the new year.....
Unread 12-30-2008, 04:40 PM   #64
Du510
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparjoe View Post

Ill be waking up at Mohegan that morning if you want to start there
Du510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2008, 04:56 PM   #65
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Im interested.....could you post more details joe..?
rubiwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #66
dale88
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
PM me joe I live a mile from the sun.
dale88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #67
moparjoe
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone ever go to the state park in Union CT.?
Unread 01-07-2009, 07:18 PM   #68
BNL TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ya, I go there a lot
BNL TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #69
coldwater
CJ7 

Land use is a mess here for certain. But there are reasons that i have never joined a "club" before. the structure is like being back in uniform, the "leaders" I have seen in the past have an attitude with everything, and are just too damn tight a$$ to be able to enjoy yourself. The runs are like a doctors apointment, be here, be on time, check in, follow orders, we will be here at this time and there at that time. you will be told where and with wich group you will go with, ECT ECT ECT. Many folks really enjoy that structure and have fun at the rides, but i just don't have a schedule that allows me to be pidgeon holed into time slots. Miss one, and no wheeling for you...maybe next month. Sometimes, It's just nice to go take a ride because the weather is nice and warm, or you just feel like taking a ride in the woods. Sometimes by yourself, or maybe with a buddy or 2 and just wing it a little. Maybe I don't feel like being with a crowd of people, or wheeling for an entire day or weekend. I bet there are lots of guys like that.
Unread 01-08-2009, 12:55 PM   #70
95BlueXJ
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I live in wethersfield. If anyone has any tire/rim's for sale let me know!
Unread 01-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #71
BNL TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwater View Post
Land use is a mess here for certain.
Yes, without a doubt. But doesn't organized wheeling help the issue?

Quote:
. But there are reasons that i have never joined a "club" before. the structure is like being back in uniform, the "leaders" I have seen in the past have an attitude with everything, and are just too damn tight a$$ to be able to enjoy yourself. The runs are like a doctors apointment, be here, be on time, check in, follow orders, we will be here at this time and there at that time. you will be told where and with wich group you will go with, ECT ECT ECT. Many folks really enjoy that structure and have fun at the rides, but i just don't have a schedule that allows me to be pidgeon holed into time slots. Miss one, and no wheeling for you...maybe next month. .
Really? Which clubs are like that? Are they CT ones? Because this hasn't been my experience.

Quote:
Sometimes, It's just nice to go take a ride because the weather is nice and warm, or you just feel like taking a ride in the woods. Sometimes by yourself, or maybe with a buddy or 2 and just wing it a little.
So does this mean that you wheel here in CT? Not a lot of places to go, are there?
Unread 01-08-2009, 06:14 PM   #72
moparjoe
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So,I've herd that Union has some nice spots to drive on dirt roads.
Unread 01-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #73
coldwater
CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNL TJ View Post
Yes, without a doubt. But doesn't organized wheeling help the issue?

possibly, but only for those that enjoy a structured club with slated events. Not the casual user.

Really? Which clubs are like that? Are they CT ones? Because this hasn't been my experience.

One here in Ct. I was just an observer, nothing more.

So does this mean that you wheel here in CT? Not a lot of places to go, are there?
Yes, I have personal access to a couple of hundred acres of unused land with old farm roads and trails. But wish there was more to enjoy on my own.
Unread 01-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #74
BNL TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Coldwater-

You are extremely fortunate to have access to that land. I understand, as well as I'm sure others do, what you mean about wishing there was more land to enjoy. You probably know the land that you wheel extremely well, and what what once challenging to you, is something that you could now do with your eyes closed. But if your purpose is just to go out in the woods for a casual ride , then you have an ideal situation. There are several spots here in CT that I know of that are worth going to in my opinion. Only one of those is state owned. The others are private that can only be accessed through a club run. So that's where being a member of a club has its benefits. The land that the clubs have access to isn't limited to CT. MA, VT, and NY for example have private and public land to wheel on as long as you don't mind the drive and know exactly where to and where NOT to go.
Unread 01-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #75
coldwater
CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNL TJ View Post
Coldwater-

You are extremely fortunate to have access to that land. I understand, as well as I'm sure others do, what you mean about wishing there was more land to enjoy. You probably know the land that you wheel extremely well, and what what once challenging to you, is something that you could now do with your eyes closed. But if your purpose is just to go out in the woods for a casual ride , then you have an ideal situation. There are several spots here in CT that I know of that are worth going to in my opinion. Only one of those is state owned. The others are private that can only be accessed through a club run. So that's where being a member of a club has its benefits. The land that the clubs have access to isn't limited to CT. MA, VT, and NY for example have private and public land to wheel on as long as you don't mind the drive and know exactly where to and where NOT to go.
I'm pretty sure the land I use is going to be sold in the spring, and my access will be cut off. I'm not really knocking any clubs, I'm just used to enjoying a little quiet time in the woods alone from time to time. But the fools on both sides have messed up everything. Moron wheelers tearing up everything and shooting up powerlines have screwed us all. Now the tree huggers and special interest groups want what's left of us. no place for a gentle wheeler to go for a ride anymore

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.