who lives in CT - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Connecticut Jeep Forum > who lives in CT

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #241
Du510
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbike View Post
Im in Cheshire. Really close to you Waterbury guys.
Right up the road, drove through there in the Jeep today. Top down (as it was sunny), then it turned torrential as I was driving along 42.

South v. Maryland, 59 U.S. (How.) 396, 15 L.Ed.433 (1856) (the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that local law-enforcement had no duty to protect individuals, but only a general duty to enforce the laws.)

Sic semper evello mortem Tyrannis

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves." --Ronald Reagan
Du510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2009, 09:29 AM   #242
never0101
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ive been posting around but havent gotten in here yet. Im from Bristol, drive a mostly stock 93 (by drive, i mean it's been sitting in the driveway undriven for most of the time i've owned it, due to little problems popping up)

Whats all this about Nepaug? You say the trails aren't difficult? My truck is on 30" tire, with only a 1" body lift, don't think i want to take it out on anything insane yet.
never0101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2009, 10:53 AM   #243
jbman
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I live in Manchester and work in South Windsor. I just got my 2006 orange TJ last week. Saving for a RC 2.5" lift and 33x10.5x15 BFG AT's.
jbman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2009, 06:51 PM   #244
Dave0392
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Tolland, Ct
Dave0392 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #245
Yockster
1986 CJ7 

Me and my CJ7 are in New London. How do I find meets in CT? Do you guys post them?
Yockster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2009, 12:12 PM   #246
NVRDUN
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yockster View Post
Me and my CJ7 are in New London. How do I find meets in CT? Do you guys post them?
dude check us out we are a club at of groton JT4x4.com ......im from niantic
holla at you boy!
NVRDUN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #247
dale88
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yockster View Post
There a group of guys that I'm a part of that go on occasion not far from you.I live in Norwich. PM me and i will tell you more.
dale88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2009, 10:13 AM   #248
ToxicTurtle

If you are looking for legal places to go and not have to worry about $110 tickets, contact those who offer a club website and info up front as opposed to those who need you to contact them via PM only.

Illegal wheeling only works to make it more difficult to get anything done with the state governments.
Why do you think there is only ONE state property that has wheeling roads that are open for use and that number hasn't grown in nearly 20 years? (BTW, calling the state and asking will get you a "HUH?" response. There are no maps available and most state officials don't even realize that this particular forest has 3 roads available. Nipmuck State Forest. One can contact the forest HQ and speak to the Forest Unit Manager, Dean, for more info) The state officials know that there is illegal wheeling taking place and feel that as a user group, we can't be trusted to stay where we are supposed to.

If we could get everyone who posts on here to write to the state and voice their opinions, we might actually stand a chance. We need at least a hundred letters written regularly (as in at least once a month) to be able to make any ground.

Aside from the one state parcel available, organized clubs have access to private land. If you're heading out with a group, make sure they have permission to be on the land you're driving, or you're looking at a very distinct possibility of a ticket.
Of course, if you don't give a crap about being legal, which many who've posted here don't, then you don't have a thing to worry about, except paying that ticket when it does come.

Really, the best bet is to join a club:

Check out www.EC4WDA.org/RegionD or www.NEA4WDC.org

Have fun!

Burned out Land Use guru....

Last edited by ToxicTurtle; 06-14-2009 at 10:27 AM..
ToxicTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #249
ToxicTurtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by never0101 View Post
Ive been posting around but havent gotten in here yet. Im from Bristol, drive a mostly stock 93 (by drive, i mean it's been sitting in the driveway undriven for most of the time i've owned it, due to little problems popping up)

Whats all this about Nepaug? You say the trails aren't difficult? My truck is on 30" tire, with only a 1" body lift, don't think i want to take it out on anything insane yet.
RE NEPAUG.

Only the forest roads, graded dirt and gravel, are open for driving. All the side trails are ILLEGAL and will get you ticketed, if caught, of course. Many don't care about wheeling illegally, so they're willing to take that chance. Trespass/improper use of a trail are $110 fines here in CT. If you are looking for a scenic leisurely drive, where 4WD is most probably not needed, Nepaug will do you fine. Anywhere where 4WD is needed in Nepaug is illegal. The waterholes along some of the main dirt roads are not 4WD necessary. Oh, almost forgot, there are most probably no signs to tell you what is legal or not, you are expected to know and/or contact the forest unit manager to find out. Gotta love CT DEP.

They have been closing Nepaug's gates now during the winter and rainy spring months. Once dry enough, they grade the roads and open the gates. Which, last I was aware, are currently open (as of June 12th, 2009).

Talk soon,

Unread 06-14-2009, 09:59 PM   #250
Du510
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicTurtle View Post
Have fun!

Welcome back!

South v. Maryland, 59 U.S. (How.) 396, 15 L.Ed.433 (1856) (the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that local law-enforcement had no duty to protect individuals, but only a general duty to enforce the laws.)

"I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves." --Ronald Reagan
Unread 06-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #251
ToxicTurtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du510 View Post
Welcome back!

Never went away, just faded from view

Unread 06-15-2009, 05:43 PM   #252
funcj7
1979 CJ7 

From Columbia Ct.
Unread 06-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #253
Du510
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Now in South Norwalk, by the way...

Unread 06-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #254
saharacon87
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Soutbury, Ct here. Anyone know of any off road parks around? Legally of course

Last edited by saharacon87; 06-18-2009 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: none.
saharacon87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #255
BNL TJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hmmmm let's see, there's either Pennsylvania or Maine. Probably not the answer you were looking for. Unfortunately it is what it is
BNL TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.