Steel yard? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Connecticut Jeep Forum > Steel yard?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
darkstar06109
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Steel yard?

I am looking for a place that will sell me 6 x 2 box steel 3/16 thick so I can repalce my rockers on my XJ. I called logan steel and they will only sell me a 24 foot length for $240. They also charge to cut the 24 foot section into manageable lengths, is this common? I only need two 6 foot lengths for my rockers. Does anyone know of any other places I could try calling?

darkstar06109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Most steel distributors have minimum order sizes and will not split full length pieces of stock. They would be losing money otherwise.

You might check with area fabricators. They will oftentimes have cutoffs left over from projects.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 04:12 AM   #3
rubiwannabe
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sullivan steel in holyoke mass will cut to anysize you need
rubiwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #4
wicked93xj
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Logan will sometimes work with you on the price but that is really high. I would go there and find some steel in the bargain barn. That is where I got my 6x2" 3/16" box steel for my rockers for a whopping $25 for a section that is 9 feet long and a 12 foot long section.
wicked93xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
darkstar06109
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, thanks guys I will check out the bargain bin at logan and see if they have anything I can use. I havent heard of the place in Mass. but I will give them a call if logan cant help me out. I was kinda suprised by the price the guy gave me over the phone but from the way he spoke he seemed like kind of a d**k. Maybe if I go there in person I might have better luck.
darkstar06109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
rabblerouser
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Fowler steel on new state rd in manchester will get you any size your looking for, for a decent price. guys there are great and will help ya, they do alot of fab work for customers trucks, were doing an exocage for somebody last time i was there
rabblerouser is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.