New England Pick'n'Pulls??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Connecticut Jeep Forum > New England Pick'n'Pulls???

Iron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCKZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 08-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
MyZJ98
1997 ZJ 

New England Pick'n'Pulls???

Hey guys, so I live in CT, aka InsuranceLand, and for anyone else who lives here knows, there are literally no Pick'n'Pulls around here, because insurance is so high, most yards don't want to pay, but their prices to pull parts for you just aren't worth it (generally barely less for a brand new part). I need a total rear axle for my ZJ, but I want to find a place I can just pull it myself for fairly cheap, so I was wondering if you guys could recommend some local places that are still "pull your own parts" style yards. I would prefer mainly MA yards, I live in Enfield, on the CT/MA line, so that would be most convenient, but for the right prices, might travel further. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys!

'98 ZJ Laredo, 4.0L, 140K, NP242, stock. (Sold @205k)
'99 WJ Laredo, 4.7L, 175K, NP249, stock. (Sold @240k)
'97 ZJ Limited, 4.0L, 109K, NP249, stock.(Current)
MyZJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I would be searching craigslist instead. I usually go to chuck and eddies if I go to a junkyard, but that doesnt do you any good.
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
Rok_Jok
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I only know of one place and it's been awhile since I've been there, Westfield Auto Salvage, 88 Neck Road.

CT Jeep Member #59
Rok_Jok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
Freestyle713
1994 ZJ 

Theres leveilles in somers, but I just went there on thursday and they only had 1 zj and 1 wj. I was there a year ago and they had more than half a dozen. They have a ******* range rover, but no grand cherokees. I don't get it.

http://leveilles.cehost.net/
[B]94 Grand Cherokee 5.2[/B] [SIZE="1"]33in. Federal Couragia M/T's on Procomp Steelies, np231 swap, IRO Hack n Tap SYE, Carolina Driveshaft, 4.5 in. lift, RE front upper/rear lower ca's, RC front lowers, Ironman rear uppers, IRO 4.5 coils in rear, 3.5 and 2" bb (no isolators) in front, Bilstein 5100's, Clayton/JKS adj. track bars, KOR rad support and SS, Magnaflow/Flowmaster exhaust, clear corners, custom light bar w/ Hella 500's[/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR="Yellow"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/zombie-outbreak-response-vehicles/"][COLOR="Yellow"]Zombie Outbreak Response Team[/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[QUOTE=elcorvino;14544406]Yea... It's kind of like the fat chick who lives around the corner. You aren't trying to get caught with her, but you know she'd be a good time.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ScottD16;14460352]I had a dream my entire family was attacked by a giant polar bear. The crazy part was he attacked us with a giant spoon. Best dream ever.[/QUOTE]
Freestyle713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2014, 08:49 PM   #5
rayar3
If Jeeps could fly...

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Check out car-part.com. Shows local yards and what they have. It's basically what most local yards are hooked to as far as a server.
Unread 05-30-2014, 10:25 PM   #6
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

^ What he said. A quick search of car-part.com turns up numerous ZJ D35's for $200. You could not pay me $200 to pull an axle at a junkyard.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2014, 08:10 PM   #7
HS108
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Chuck and Eddies has a few ZJ, and they will pull it for you at a cost, I was there few weeks ago

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.