Local Help Starting My AMC 304 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Connecticut Jeep Forum > Local Help Starting My AMC 304

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 10-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
JShwin14
1972 CJ5 

Local Help Starting My AMC 304

This may be a long shot but I'm hoping someone with experience with 304s and close by to me(Gales Ferry/Ledyard) can help me out with my CJ build. A little back-story.... when i bought the jeep a year ago the the engine was out of the jeep, the p/o said it was rebuilt 10 years ago and was never put back into the jeep. I'm at the stage where I have the engine in the jeep and want to start it up in the next couple weeks. I have read the Haynes manual and read through others forums but as this build is my first time doing any engine work I was hoping someone could help me out and make sure I'm not going to screw something up. Also because the engine hasn't run since the rebuild I especially don't want to mess anything up. If someone lives close by and is willing to help let me know.... thanks guys!

JShwin14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
JShwin14
1972 CJ5 

Pics of the engine
mounted-engine1.jpg

image-3983086803.jpg

Unread 10-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #3
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thats a nice looking setup. What exactly are you looking for help with? Wiring?
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
JShwin14
1972 CJ5 

Yea I'm looking for more of an overal check. Because this is my 1st time doing an engine work I dont want to forget something stupid like plug a spot a shouldnt or something basic like that. Just looking for sort of a sanity check in the upcoming weeks and it would be nice to have someone with experience to help me when i start it up for the 1st time
Unread 10-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
JShwin14
1972 CJ5 

also i have a painless wiring harness so wiring the engine up shouldnt be too bad, because its a '79 i wont have the computer
Unread 11-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
my73CJ
1973 CJ5 

the guy I use is down in East Haven, kind of a hike, but he knows what he is doing. SVE Performance, East Haven CT. Ck his web site
my73CJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2013, 06:47 AM   #7
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

No longer in east haven. That shop went down in the hurricane. His new shop is in new haven now
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.