8/2/13 Trip to Cockaponset State Forest
There are a number of great roads to take that vary in difficult. All are capable for stock vehicles, though 4-low proved to be very useful in a few spots. Here are the roads.
1. North Tower Hill Rd. Killingworth, CT 06419. A rough forest Road.
2. Spruce Ledge Rd. Deep River, CT 06417. Lots of mud after a rain!
3. Filley Rd. Haddam, CT 06438. A dirt road in Cockaponset State Forest.
4. Jericho Rd. Haddam, CT 06438. A dirt road in Cockaponset State Forest.
a. [PM for coordinates] A small field of obstacles and dirt.
5. Mottland Rd. Higganum, CT 06438
b. [PM for coordinates] True off-roading! Large field of dirt, slopes, hills, rocks. Looks like a lot of atv's and dirtbikes use this area as well.
6. Old Country Rd. Higganum, CT 06441
b. [PM for coordinates] The road "disappears," and about 2/10 miles of true fun. Spotter needed.