Jeep shops near Stamford? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Connecticut Jeep Forum > Jeep shops near Stamford?

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 01-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
ariter15

Jeep shops near Stamford?

Hey guys!

I recently moved to the Stamford area and got some KC lights for my Wrangler for Christmas but need a place to install em out there...anybody know any good spots that won't rip me off near/around the area??

ariter15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

There are no offroad dedicated shops local in Stamford. As far as I know in CT for that you need to go to Danbury or to New Haven. How do you want the lights installed? Did you get a harness with them? Its pretty simple. I work in Stamford every day and could help you do it yourself after work if you want.
Unread 01-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
ariter15

Oh cool thanks! I actually haven't ordered the lights yet but thanks for the offer, I may take you up on the offer...which lights would you suggest getting anyways? I don't need anything too fancy just the basic...I'm fairly new at this...I've got a 2011 4 door wrangler unlimited
ariter15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariter15 View Post
Oh cool thanks! I actually haven't ordered the lights yet but thanks for the offer, I may take you up on the offer...which lights would you suggest getting anyways? I don't need anything too fancy just the basic...I'm fairly new at this...I've got a 2011 4 door wrangler unlimited
What lights would I suggest? Well, if I were doing it over (or maybe when I do decide to do it over) I'd get LEDs. Maybe a nice bar for the windshield and some duallys for the bumper. That probably is a bit more than the "basic" you are asking about. Things like KC slimlites and comparable stuff very common for people in your situation. A prior girlfriend bought me PIAA Ion Yellows (fog for bumper and driving for windshield) which have been fine for me.

If you buy a two light kit from most anybody it will come with the harness which makes it pretty much plug and play.

Depending on where you want to mount the lights you may have to buy brackets in addition to the lights.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.