I-84 at rt 8 junction - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Connecticut Jeep Forum > I-84 at rt 8 junction

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 02-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I-84 at rt 8 junction

So, I meant to pose this question a few weeks ago...

I drove south on 8 from Winsted for the first time in the jeep to hit Southington. Can anyone attest to how bad that first section of 84 East is once you get off 8?

I am hoping the road is just THAT bad. I felt like I should have been sitting on a saddle, not a seat while I was driving down it. Since I had never been down there in a car or non-lifted jeep I really have no reference point to see how well my Bilsteins handled it.

[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
chumly98tj

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I live in Torrington and work in Oakville. I run that section of road just about every day. I can tell you it's rough, especially the bump coming off the mixmaster.
chumly98tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumly98tj View Post
I live in Torrington and work in Oakville. I run that section of road just about every day. I can tell you it's rough, especially the bump coming off the mixmaster.
I was hitting it 55, that was probably the fastest I felt comfortable going. Its a terrible stretch of highway. Perhaps even worse than the BQE (I-278) in Brooklyn

Unread 02-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
Wheeler97
1997 ZJ 

That is a crappy section of roadway for sure. I have actually gone air bound in my other car on 84 a couple years ago. That was not a fun feeling.
Wheeler97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

Hey Kate see you moved to CT you should check out NOVA hook up with a club down there. You can still ride with us if you want?
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRubiconrich View Post
Hey Kate see you moved to CT you should check out NOVA hook up with a club down there. You can still ride with us if you want?
Thanks Rich! I definitely plan to come spring. Im waiting until next paycheck for dues money. Ive gotten alot of work done on the Rubi since you last saw it!

Unread 02-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #7
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

sounds good show us some new pictures of your Jeep. and tell us what you have done.
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:07 AM   #8
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRubiconrich View Post
sounds good show us some new pictures of your Jeep. and tell us what you have done.
Well, since I last saw you I have gotten a fair amount of work done. 4" curry/savvy suspension kit, all 8 new adjustable CAs, antirock swaybar, rokmen bumper, engo winch (which I might have to return. The amount of rust on it after only being on for 2 weeks is ridiculous).

Thats it for major upgrades so far- I need rock sliders and a new soft top next month, then march or april I will do the BL and MML and get some nice under armor... then it will be bigger tires and new brakes. By mid-summer I should be all set in getting her where I want her to be.
new.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.