I-84 at rt 8 junction - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Connecticut Jeep Forum > I-84 at rt 8 junction

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I-84 at rt 8 junction

So, I meant to pose this question a few weeks ago...

I drove south on 8 from Winsted for the first time in the jeep to hit Southington. Can anyone attest to how bad that first section of 84 East is once you get off 8?

I am hoping the road is just THAT bad. I felt like I should have been sitting on a saddle, not a seat while I was driving down it. Since I had never been down there in a car or non-lifted jeep I really have no reference point to see how well my Bilsteins handled it.

[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
chumly98tj

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I live in Torrington and work in Oakville. I run that section of road just about every day. I can tell you it's rough, especially the bump coming off the mixmaster.
chumly98tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumly98tj View Post
I live in Torrington and work in Oakville. I run that section of road just about every day. I can tell you it's rough, especially the bump coming off the mixmaster.
I was hitting it 55, that was probably the fastest I felt comfortable going. Its a terrible stretch of highway. Perhaps even worse than the BQE (I-278) in Brooklyn

Unread 02-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
Wheeler97
1997 ZJ 

That is a crappy section of roadway for sure. I have actually gone air bound in my other car on 84 a couple years ago. That was not a fun feeling.
Wheeler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

Hey Kate see you moved to CT you should check out NOVA hook up with a club down there. You can still ride with us if you want?
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRubiconrich View Post
Hey Kate see you moved to CT you should check out NOVA hook up with a club down there. You can still ride with us if you want?
Thanks Rich! I definitely plan to come spring. Im waiting until next paycheck for dues money. Ive gotten alot of work done on the Rubi since you last saw it!

Unread 02-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #7
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

sounds good show us some new pictures of your Jeep. and tell us what you have done.
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 06:07 AM   #8
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRubiconrich View Post
sounds good show us some new pictures of your Jeep. and tell us what you have done.
Well, since I last saw you I have gotten a fair amount of work done. 4" curry/savvy suspension kit, all 8 new adjustable CAs, antirock swaybar, rokmen bumper, engo winch (which I might have to return. The amount of rust on it after only being on for 2 weeks is ridiculous).

Thats it for major upgrades so far- I need rock sliders and a new soft top next month, then march or april I will do the BL and MML and get some nice under armor... then it will be bigger tires and new brakes. By mid-summer I should be all set in getting her where I want her to be.
new.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.