Go Topless Day, in May - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Connecticut Jeep Forum > Go Topless Day, in May

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 04-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #31
Badassbabe98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafikie View Post
you only need the 2 lockers for the second part of the trail. you can still run the original section
Aww, I guess I cant play either since Ill only have my front locked by then. My LS 8.8 isnt going in until after GTD. Do 8" of lift and 36's compensate for not having a rear locker??

I'm a little hesitant because I know things are usually WAY more difficult than they look in pics and vids, but I have a problem of wanting to try anything at least once

Built Not Bought #159
Badassbabe98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #32
Badassbabe98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA88XJDude View Post
haha lucky! I just got my rig lifted, now this year they tell me i need lockers!

I'll just ride with my friend who has them lol.
The original section is a ton of fun too, it takes the smaller Jeeps quite a bit of the skinny pedal to get up the hilly parts. In my opinion the course got better as the day progressed...
Built Not Bought #159
Unread 04-14-2010, 11:49 AM   #33
HighRoller02TJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badassbabe98 View Post
Aww, I guess I cant play either since Ill only have my front locked by then. My LS 8.8 isnt going in until after GTD. Do 8" of lift and 36's compensate for not having a rear locker??

I'm a little hesitant because I know things are usually WAY more difficult than they look in pics and vids, but I have a problem of wanting to try anything at least once
i like this girl try anything atleast once
HighRoller02TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2010, 02:14 PM   #34
ghostbusterzj
1997 ZJ 

You read my mind. :-) I'm getting my dealership, Bald Hill Dodge / Chrysler / Jeep, to sponsor the Go Topless Day event in Lancaster, MA. We could meet here in Warwick, RI and make our way up. I'm also trying to get some free t-shirts and freebies for those in our road rally. I need some RSVPs I want to have enough freebies for everyone. Any interest?
ghostbusterzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2010, 02:25 PM   #35
Badassbabe98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRoller02TJ View Post
i like this girl try anything atleast once
Hey ya know, life is meant to be lived and experimentation just makes it more interesting

On another note, I just preregistered. So far I have one Jeep coming with me. Like I said before if anyone is in the athol, gardner, leominster area that wants to meet up before and convoy and or grab some breakfast let me know when the day gets closer...I cant wait!!
Built Not Bought #159
Unread 04-14-2010, 03:58 PM   #36
MA88XJDude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafikie View Post
you only need the 2 lockers for the second part of the trail. you can still run the original section
haha, yeah I know, I was just making a joke.

I have to swap in a bigger engine (ive got 2.5low output) before I start throwing money into axles and lockers.

I ran the course in my stock jeep cherokee. got stuck on my front skid on a log in the mud (it has the up country package).

I went and bought my YJ the monday after topless day last year I'll be in that this year.

Me stuck:

I was in my friends jeep at this point:

Cool picture(I didnt take)
Build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/s...build-1066682/
MASSKRAWLERS.COM
MA88XJDude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #37
HighRoller02TJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

anyone going to Vermonster May 1 - 2 in Bradford VT? what about Boulder Bash June 12 in Swanzey NH or Killington Jeep Jambore July 16 - 18 in Killington VT. or Great American Jeep Rally Oct 3 in Somers CT?
HighRoller02TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #38
Jp90Talon
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ill def be at the GAJR in Somers as well. Not sure about the Vermonster but Ill check it out.
Jp90Talon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #39
MA88XJDude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Problably going to the GAJR, meant to go last year but didnt make it.
MASSKRAWLERS.COM
Unread 04-14-2010, 07:17 PM   #40
Rafikie
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I didn't get to take pics last year... I was to busy doing laps on the course
Unread 04-15-2010, 08:20 AM   #41
Badassbabe98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRoller02TJ View Post
anyone going to Vermonster May 1 - 2 in Bradford VT? what about Boulder Bash June 12 in Swanzey NH or Killington Jeep Jambore July 16 - 18 in Killington VT. or Great American Jeep Rally Oct 3 in Somers CT?
Ill be at vermonster, but not in my Jeep. We'll all be there to watch a friend beat up his F150 and camp again. I wanted to do killington jambo, but didnt have the money at the time so I figured maybe next year. As for the GAJR, most likely!

What about the monadnock mud bogs? They are running them twice a month this year
Built Not Bought #159
Unread 04-15-2010, 09:18 PM   #42
VermonterLost

So wait do we have to pre-register for the meet in Lancaster? I live in Fitchburg and was thinkin about takin a ride down before work at 3 if it was nice out. If I gotta pre-register that would kinda suck, not gonna lie.
VermonterLost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2010, 04:13 AM   #43
Rafikie
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermonterLost View Post
So wait do we have to pre-register for the meet in Lancaster? I live in Fitchburg and was thinkin about takin a ride down before work at 3 if it was nice out. If I gotta pre-register that would kinda suck, not gonna lie.
you don't have to preregister, but it's the only way to guarantee you'll be able to get in. If they sell out, you'll be left out. It's only $10

I'm in Lunenburg
Unread 04-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #44
mikeb683
2005 TJ Wrangler 

So how strict are they going to be about recovery points and those of you that have been there do you think i will have trouble in the the first section? i am on 33s and not locked.
mikeb683 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #45
MA88XJDude
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb683 View Post
So how strict are they going to be about recovery points and those of you that have been there do you think i will have trouble in the the first section? i am on 33s and not locked.
You will problably encounter little to no trouble going through the fist section on 33's. Many People did it last year in stock wranglers and cherokees with no problems.
MASSKRAWLERS.COM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.